Mileage

aucky

Hi guys.what mileage is on your cars reason am askin is i have been offered a blobeye wagon wrx,leather interior and sunroof,full subaru dealer service history,nice condition but its got 120.000miles on it.will engine still be good with that on,will it need a new engine soon or are they good for more miles

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Main stealer service history is expensive but normally about a thorough as you'd get imo . As things like, pollen filters,clutch fluid, diff oils and grease points are normally refreshed. Which get over looked at some smaller garages .

As for mileage my 94 sti has 86k mls but most of it's new (by choice) lol . The chairman of scooby city has owned his 97 UK turbo since almost new. its been serviced by rcm most of its life ,runs a safe 320hp and has over 200k mls on the original engine .[emoji41]

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

• Like 1

Service book will be important on a car with that many miles, if its got at least most of its recent services, including cam belts done at the right times then should be just fine, 80,000 to 120,000 miles services are going to be key to its health and having them or not will seriously effect the value of the car, could turn what seems like a good deal into a rip off and vise versa 

I would say at that mileage you big end bearings are getting close to the end of they're life 3k mile oil changes may make them last longer but with spirited driving I don't see them lasting much longer

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

My type r was on 100k when bearings went, but it had seen some track and they are turned up considerably higher than a wrx so i wouldn't worry. see them on 150k plus frequently

I would say at that mileage you big end bearings are getting close to the end of they're life 3k mile oil changes may make them last longer but with spirited driving I don't see them lasting much longer

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

Services are every 3k with Miller's oil. I appreciate your opinion and no-one has an X-ray bearing scanner nor will there be many early warning signs but the car is in perfect health so I have no concern the engine is nearly going to throw it's bearings. I do consider myself end of life care though [emoji23] [emoji23]

Had a look at that wagon.at first sight it dint look bad.was a bit worried engine was very dirty and he said it had beened owned by an enthusiast,i dont think so with that engine.then when a look at back car the subaru writin on boot door had been stuck on on a slight slope and in wrong place.so had a look in boot floor and the sealer along were back panel meets was black and un even more like mastick and down sides was white,smooth and even beads.so i ask has it had a bang up !Removed!.no he says,so i ask why mastic was diffrent and boj job like.he says maybe thats how subaru do it.lol no a dont thinks.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

• Like 1