Brakes

Mini_baggs

id also consider changing to some racing brake fluid as that makes bags of difference from what i read around,

not too sure abouts pads but i hear good things about

ferodo ds2500 and also EBC orangestuff.

All good advice - I would just go for grooved discs and not have the drilled option, there have been examples of the discs cracking. I ran them before and didnt have an issue myself but found the holes clogged up with dust so now just opt for grooves.

I have used Black Diamond and Tarox discs previously with no complaints - obviously there are varying costs involved dependant on brand - Alcon etc

What is your budget? 

I opted for the cheep option after I cracked a set of old ebc discs (got too thin) and bought myself some mtec drilled and grooved ones from eBay. Had them six months and I have to say they are great I drive very fast often braking from well over 100mph. I do chew a lot of pads up quickly though 😅. Also I used racing fluids 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, JamesJDMwagon said:

I opted for the cheep option after I cracked a set of old ebc discs (got too thin) and bought myself some mtec drilled and grooved ones from eBay. Had them six months and I have to say they are great I drive very fast often braking from well over 100mph. I do chew a lot of pads up quickly though 😅. Also I used racing fluids 

m tech ones about 90 quid? 

3 hours ago, matt said:

tahts em, got mine ages ago tho and given them some serious abuse the pads didnt last long tho

Yeah but on the other hand I don't mind because the price is good I just get another set throw the old ones in the bin. I used to have blueprint ones they just try and catch fire (smoke bellowing out the arches). I like to change brake pads often so nothing gets a chance to rust up and keeps them wearing level and discs don't get damaged as much.

brake pads go hard once they've seen too many heat cycles then they eat your discs 

I went for Godspeed's j hook discs all round with rc5 front pads and carbon rears. Also fitted hel brake lines and used performance friction fluid. really good setup and no fade on 4 x 20 minute sessions at brands hatch

• Like 1