finally own an Impreza wagon

W444AJD

Hi everyone,

After a few months looking I've bought myself an Impreza wagon.  55 plate hawkeye with 160bhp NA engine - couldn't quite justify the extra costs for a WRX and honestly think the 160bhp engine is quite good fun anyway.  I came from a VAG 1.9 TDi with 105bhp, so this feels much brisker.  Hopefully it will prove reliable, I managed 36mpg on the 'delivery trip' from Suffolk up to Glasgow which isn't too awful.

Bought a new Sony Head unit which I will install soon - anyone got any advice about best place to run the Bluetooth mic cable?

Wee photo below...maybe belonged to a previous member?

impreza.jpg

Looks good mate any other mods planned ? 

as for the mic I've been told best place if you can get it that far and fasten it on, guess depends on size too is around the sun visor. Meant to be clear and less noise from the window. but never fitted one to be honest. 

I have mine mounted at the top of the a pillar on the drivers side...have run the cable across the ledge under the steering column then up inside the trim on the a pillar itself

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

thanks - just waiting on head unit arriving in the post then I'll give it a go.

One of the remote keys with the car is dud - spoke to a guy here who said the best place to go for a new one is direct to Subaru - guessing that won't be cheap though...

got my new head unit sorted and working great.  Needed a couple bits from eBay for wiring loom and aerial.  I ran the mic up to just above the rear view mirror, works pretty well so happy with the outcome.

IMG_6700 (Large).JPG

IMG_6703 (Large).JPG

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I never made it to any of the yards for them but I've seen the boats in the flesh, they're massive!

Yeah there are a lot of tidy ones kicking about in there. Especially the Capri rocking the car park with its original Recaro's in.

My S2000 used to sit nice next to that lol. Not as nice as my Scooby would do though!

• Like 1