Mapping

Lewis

Hi, I'm looking to get my wrx mapped but not sure where, can any of you recommend a company close to Berkshire area pls?...

I'm looking to uprate fuel pump, injectors and de-cat exhaust (prodrive) any suggestions pls?......

Already has cold air feed, front mount intercooler, induction kit, dump valve, lightened and balanced fly wheel, uprated brakes.

Welcome Lewis!

Where abouts are you in Berks?  I know a good place over in Aylesbury.  They can carry out works and tuning.

You'll def be able to comfortably push the stock turbo to the max with those mods but depends how much power you want? If you looking 'big', the limiting factor will be the gbox.

12 hours ago, Piggysniffer said:

I think what tidge means (suggestion) is, if not already done, uprate the turbo 😋

I was referring to the engine mods, Problem is it will be on a TD04, front mount will make it laggy (only combination that does genuinly cause noticeable lag no mater your setup)

Existing Injectors won't be maxed even with the current turbo giving its absolute bollox. Standard air feed wouldn't be a limit with the current turbo either.

Fuel pump is worth doing as well as decat but that will be enough to max out the turbo as it is.

Simply put, most of the mods listed aren't gonna do anything much cos the turbo is the weak link, chuck a VF35 or even sc36 on it and then your in a different situation. Right now your wasting your money.

I agree with tidgy on the tdo4 and fmic combo being Laggy/overkill .

Tdo4's will generally max out at 270 to 290 and even a early classic "slanty" tmic and grey 380's would be ample at that level of power .

What year is your scoob and what target power are you after ?

As this will help us know what's worth changing to get what you want from the car .

If you're just after sub 300hp with better driveabilty decat downpipe, fuel pump and panel filter will be all you'll need prior to the remap .

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

3 minutes ago, savage bulldogs said:

I agree with tidgy on the tdo4 and fmic combo being Laggy/overkill .

Tdo4's will generally max out at 270 to 290 and even a early classic "slanty" tmic and grey 380's would be ample at that level of power .

What year is your scoob and what target power are you after ?

As this will help us know what's worth changing to get what you want from the car .

If you're just after sub 300hp with better driveabilty decat downpipe, fuel pump and panel filter will be all you'll need prior to the remap .

Blob WRX according to the profile info :)

I generally only use tapacrap so can't see that [emoji6]

The standard blues should be good for 320hp and the tmic for 360 hp (ish) .

So yep limiting factor is the tdo4 @290hp . So either forget the air intake and fmic and just remap to 265 to 290 ,which will give you better driveabilty (boost coming in earlier and stronger @1.3 bar) with better economy .

Or chuck on a bigger turbo and injectors for 330hp . The fmic isn't necessarily needed at that level of tune (330hp ) but would give you less heat soak if you tend to do a lot of town driving in the summer months [emoji6]

Vf34 is a roller bearing turbo so will hit 1 bar 350 (ish) rpm sooner max at 330hp.

Tdo5 is journal based so will spool slightly later but hold boost higher in the Rev range , give more max hp and take more abuse before needing a rebuild.

Takes yer pic for your needs [emoji6]