Remap communication problem?

Hi all

i have a 2005 wrx, prodrive exhaust (I guess just back box)' cosworth air filter, no other engine mods. I've had 2 separate people try and remap the car for me, but both have had problems communicating with the ecu? The last garage is trying to contact people in Italy about it, but is this a common problem? Has anyone had this before? Is there a solution?

many thanks

jeff

Update

my local garage has had a reply from Italy, they sent the 'log file' to them and they have come back saying the chip has be locked using ecutek software. So we all guess that the car might have been remapped before. 

Ive spoke to engine tuner as they use the ecutek software and I'm booked in at the end of the month. I think he's going to see what the car is producing and then maybe remap it again to get a 'proper' job done lol

thanks for all the help again

2 hours ago, Sirspidey said:

Update

my local garage has had a reply from Italy, they sent the 'log file' to them and they have come back saying the chip has be locked using ecutek software. So we all guess that the car might have been remapped before. 

Ive spoke to engine tuner as they use the ecutek software and I'm booked in at the end of the month. I think he's going to see what the car is producing and then maybe remap it again to get a 'proper' job done lol

thanks for all the help again

Ah explains it then. They'll sort you out i'm sure :)

• 2 weeks later...

Update

Firstly massive thanks to Tidgy, to explain

i bought my car on the assumption that is was std except prodrive exhaust, so 225 bhp. Have been to the suggested garage that Tidgy recommended to me. On arrival I knew buy the amount of scoobys there I was at the right place. Left the car with martin for a couple of hours, he then tells me the car was producing 250 bhp. Fantastic I thought, over the moon even. He continued to tell me they have remapped it and the car is now producing 284.4 bhp. Absolutely amazed!! More than I ever thought. And the power is very noticeable and much smoother pick up. The guys at Plymouth have done a fantastic job and I would highly recommend them. Well worth the 3 hour round trip. Will go to them again for belt changes etc.

also he gave me a tour of the garage, what a place to work. More like a playground.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sirspidey said:

Update

Firstly massive thanks to Tidgy, to explain

i bought my car on the assumption that is was std except prodrive exhaust, so 225 bhp. Have been to the suggested garage that Tidgy recommended to me. On arrival I knew buy the amount of scoobys there I was at the right place. Left the car with martin for a couple of hours, he then tells me the car was producing 250 bhp. Fantastic I thought, over the moon even. He continued to tell me they have remapped it and the car is now producing 284.4 bhp. Absolutely amazed!! More than I ever thought. And the power is very noticeable and much smoother pick up. The guys at Plymouth have done a fantastic job and I would highly recommend them. Well worth the 3 hour round trip. Will go to them again for belt changes etc.

also he gave me a tour of the garage, what a place to work. More like a playground.

great news mate and some great figures. :cool: