Beano_wrx

I've got a new engine build in mind but block needs sleeveing as damage on liner.

As anybody had a block sleeved on here before or knw a place that can do it.  

I will b using a ej25 block with darton 97mm bore sleeves with would give me a 2.35 with think cast iron liners so that there b no need to worry bout the open deck style block 

Ah fair do's, missed what you were getting at

No, they use a local engineering firm, can't remember the name of it now but they have used them for years for all the machining. Nearly did go to Alyn for mine but since it needed a block and was going for honing etc just went to the same place for converting.

Power goals are around  650ish but will b around 2-2.5 bar of boost 

the block I got is ej257 for pennies as liner is damaged  hence the re sleeve 

The darton sleeves I can pick up for decent price.   

Mine as going for a 97mm bore on sleeve which will give me a 2.35 with the 2.5 crank.  And give me loads of meat round piston to cope with boost levels. 

Move been given a few machine shops who built high power engines so gonna speak to them aswell. 

I I knw across the pond loads of people sleeve the 2.5 for big power.   We seam to b behind them with to what works and stuff 

Don't believe all the power figures that come out of the US, most are rubbish. 

If your aiming for mid 600's then i would go to a tuner and get them to spec and built one for you, gonna be a big big list and hefty price tag to boot. Going to various different places will prob cause you issues in the long run if the power level isn't achieved.

2 hours ago, Tidgy said:

Don't believe all the power figures that come out of the US, most are rubbish. 

If your aiming for mid 600's then i would go to a tuner and get them to spec and built one for you, gonna be a big big list and hefty price tag to boot. Going to various different places will prob cause you issues in the long run if the power level isn't achieved.

Only need machineing done as all other work and build will b done by myself.  

So main cost is parts