Clutchy McClutch Face

Danpow

So my clutch is on its way out and i've been looking around for prices etc to replace it, also been looking at the idea of replacing it with an upgraded clutch as i may look at performance mods further down the line. 

Anyone here running an upgraded clutch that can tell me how it affects day to day driving? i use my car for work so wouldn't want it to be a ****** to drive around. I've been scoping out the Exedy stage 1 clutch kit but if anyone is running that or similar and could let me know how it is that would be awesome! 

On another note, if anyone could advise a garage local to south wales that could replace the clutch for a fair price that would be sweet, I had a quote from a Subaru dealer for £1000 all in. I have never had a clutch changed in any of my cars (luckily) so i have no idea if this is good or bad? i'm kind of hoping bad... 

Thanks in advance!

1st off how much power are you wanting to put through the car ?

Exedy blue box kits are good for up to 300bhp the pink box is good for over 350bhp. Both are good for daily use

Typical prices around 350-400 for clutch kit, flywheel skim spigot bearing, from an independent garage

Don't go down the paddle clutch route as they are knackers to use as a daily unless you like shuddering off from shuddering standstill

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Will have a used excede for sale soon (assuming it passes inspection when it comes off the car), only had about 3k miles on it since it was put in. It's for a classic 5 speed but should in theory fit. Let me know if your interested.

43 minutes ago, stants said:

1st off how much power are you wanting to put through the car ?

Exedy blue box kits are good for up to 300bhp the pink box is good for over 350bhp. Both are good for daily use

Typical prices around 350-400 for clutch kit, flywheel skim spigot bearing, from an independent garage

Don't go down the paddle clutch route as they are knackers to use as a daily unless you like shuddering off from shuddering standstill

Well it's currently at 260bhp so i would be looking to hit 300 if not more. Pink box sounds more my cuppa tea! 

Would that price typically include parts and labour?

Thanks!

Think your the right way round there tidgy, 😂

Some are 225mm and later classics/new age are 230mm Both will fit, but you'll deffo need a flywheel skim of going from a 225to a 230mm

A grand sounds about right for a main dealer 6 hours labour involved, must work at a snails pace and include paying to sip brews,

Just make sure your sitting down if you ever need to phone subaru for parts again 😂

Thanks God for the Internet

• Like 1

Sorry to hijack this thread a little, but what are clutches like to-do on the Impreza, got a feeling mines not a million miles away, I'm a mechanic by trade so will be doing it my self either way

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk