Spark plugs normal or not

Youngy

Just had a quick Google and apparently it looks like everyone recommends the "cooler " 7's to lessen the chance of carbon build up not burning off . Not because they're hotter burning (like I assumed ) well spotted [emoji106]

But I'd still stick by the same recommendation of 7's , although it's for different reasons [emoji6]

No problem bud ,I love to learn something new and always keen to share when I do [emoji106]

Some of the "staged" power up grade packs on subaru tuner pages always discribe heat 7's as a upgrade and from what I've previously read, it was due to the better heat properties . So I just assumed they coped with higher heat not burnt off carbon at a lower temp .

I've had the same set of 7's in my forged build for 4 yrs / 20 k without any issues but admittedly I did give them a clean up and regap when I fitted the engine into the v1 sti .

Couldn't tell you if that's the right part number as I can't remember what mine was . They'd probably be different if your's is a 2.5 as the 2.5's run different length plugs anyways [emoji6]

2 hours ago, Piggysniffer said:

Was just curious as I decided I wanted some in my hawk after reading this......., so phoned my local factor.... ngk ilfr7h x4 = £64 😳

That's pricey! I went with these ones... get the club discount as well!

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-64112-ngk-sparkplug-platinum-spark-plug-pfr7b-ngk-4853.aspx