Buying advice 2000 Turbo

Pommy

i have a bung for when mine needs to be quiet and to explain the difference, my neighbour said he can feel my car idling through his house when it's warming up with the baffle out when it's in he doesn't even know the cars running

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the photo's of my turbo. Has been good so far, just the noisey exhaust and a small fuel leak (tiny and only when full and in the process of fixing.) Also got a baffle today and just have to get the bolt to fit it so will get some video up when I can.

20130925_112936_zps0061ba33.jpg

20130925_112945_zps34a572b1.jpg

20130925_112956_zps077d4535.jpg

• Like 2

ok, just did a couple of vids but theres no real sound difference without revving it and i can't do that and hold my phone at the back at the same time, when the wife gets in i could get her to hold it but she's coming off a 14 hour night shift so it's not even a good idea asking with the state she will be in lol

if theres nothing been posted when she's off nights i'll get it sorted for ya

th_20130926_092540_zpsb6947e15.jpg

th_20130926_092640_zpsa04deb70.jpg

and the bung i have has been bent outwards slightly on the lip so it's a real snug fit in the tailpipe, this means i don't need the nut and bolt but i do have to pull it out with pliers when it's in there

Sounds like the same difference between mine as well, have only slipped it in in idle just to hear it. As for the fuel leak when I bought the car there was what appeared to be a blue pipe on the fuel line which I assumed had been put in correctly, however it ended up just being a bit of plastic wrapped around and jubilee clipped on. Have taken it off and there are no obvious holes so am filling up slowly till it leaks and comes through so I can find the hole and patch it up a bit better. Apart from that all is well and loving the car.

• Like 1

Be careful not putting the retaining screw in your bung boys .As when I finally fitted the new engine in mine it was quite late so ,for the neighbours sake , I just pushed the bung in .

Nice and quiet on idle but , I couldn't resist tickling the throttle which popped the bung out and smashed it through my fence panel which set the bulldog off waking up most of the neighbourhood anyways doh

• Like 2

yeh i have to give mine a whack to get it in, i have given it a "tickle" before when it's not been shunted in and luckily where my exhaust is there is a small alley up the side of the house and the cats were near the back of the garage at the far end of the alley, had the cats been dogs i don't think they would have been able to move as quick but it just clipped the tail of one as it ran off :lol:

that particular neighbour is now being an !Removed! over land disputes with us so i don't put the bung in any more, i make sure i back as close to his wall and as far back to the garage as possible so only HE gets the noise from the exhaust :ph34r: