One more of us, one less of them

Flowman

I bought a new WRX STi in silver and just had to join the club. It's my second Subaru, the last one was a 2005 WRX which I loved. I sold it about 4 years ago but always vowed I would return to the brand. I like the good honest ruggedness of the cars and the pure driving experience, so I am looking forward to many happy years with my new one and some fun experiences along the way.

First big trip will be a drive up to Scotland for Hogmanay, I hope it snows!

• Like 2

Thanks RichieT. I visited the dealer today who mentioned a Subaru approved power upgrade (10bhp +), obviously I said yes! I wonder if any owners have the same (probably a stupid question) and if they have any feedback on things like torque, fuel consumption and insurance. And the extra grunt of course.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Flowman said:

Thanks RichieT. I visited the dealer today who mentioned a Subaru approved power upgrade (10bhp +), obviously I said yes! I wonder if any owners have the same (probably a stupid question) and if they have any feedback on things like torque, fuel consumption and insurance. And the extra grunt of course.....

I'm not sure what the power upgrade is, do you know what exactly is being done to get the additional 10 bhp. I have asked my dealer ona few occassions for details of upgrades however they appear to want to play them down. I'll assume that they don't mess with the warranty. I have asked about an axle back exhaust and they have said that they will have a look into it. I think they need to check with Subaru U.K. before suppling or fitting anything.  

It looks the mutts nutts. Looks good in the slower silver colour too. ;-)  You will have loads of fun in it. Enjoy. 

I put wind deflectors on the doors and mud flaps on too, two good accessories if your thinking about extras. IMO of course. 

Richie T said:

I'm not sure what the power upgrade is, do you know what exactly is being done to get the additional 10 bhp. I have asked my dealer ona few occassions for details of upgrades however they appear to want to play them down. I'll assume that they don't mess with the warranty.

So the answer is that Subaru supply a disc to the dealer (admin charge £10) who can then download its contents on to my ECU, one shot only, at a cost of: wait for it, £1,000! For 10 bhp! I changed my mind until I know more abot torque figures andfuel consumption.

Anyone driven a carvwith the upgrade?

• Like 1

Richie T said:

I'm not sure what the power upgrade is, do you know what exactly is being done to get the additional 10 bhp. I have asked my dealer ona few occassions for details of upgrades however they appear to want to play them down. I'll assume that they don't mess with the warranty.

So the answer is that Subaru supply a disc to the dealer (admin charge £10) who can then download its contents on to my ECU, one shot only, at a cost of: wait for it, £1,000! For 10 bhp! I changed my mind until I know more abot torque figures andfuel consumption.

Anyone driven a carvwith the upgrade?

Pffff £1000 just for a generic reflash / map I know pro r used to do the scooby approved upgrades on the hatch and 2012 sedan didn't they do a 320 and 340 pack I can't remember now,

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk