1000 Miles

Steve36

Running in seems to be a debated subject, not sure why considering pretty much all the big tuners i know of do the following,

500 miles on crappy mineral oil, actuator disconnected and so only wastegate pressure

Oil and filter change to semi synthetic and additional 500 miles, still with actuator disconnected

Once at 1000 miles, oil and filter change to fully synthetic, reconnect the actuator and full map to suit.

26 minutes ago, Tidgy said:

Running in seems to be a debated subject, not sure why considering pretty much all the big tuners i know of do the following,

500 miles on crappy mineral oil, actuator disconnected and so only wastegate pressure

Oil and filter change to semi synthetic and additional 500 miles, still with actuator disconnected

Once at 1000 miles, oil and filter change to semi synthetic, reconnect the actuator and full map to suit.

Do you mean fully synthetic at the end?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kershaw-330s said:

The car has done 1000 miles even after a full engine build after 1000 fully synth is fine

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

But did you not say it was fully synth from the factory, in which case it would have done the first 1000 miles with fully synth in it ?

I dont know tbh, do we reckon they run every single engine on the bench or just a few to meet QC, maybe they do some sort of minor running in procedure on each one before actually fitting them, although I am pretty sure you use crap oil to run in with, I wonder if the car manufacturers actually trust the public enough to put the cars out with inferior oil in or wether they think, peasants will abuse the car so less of two evils, send them out with fully synth ? 

Conspiracy theory....

Take the oil out of a car after 5k and see what it looks like and you'll understand why it needs changing more often that manufacturers claim. Even the oil producers will admit it needs changign more often that mans recomend