08 impreza wrx hatch help required!!!!!!

Niko169

if you can find one aye

Dont vf34 n 35 attach to intercooler with silicone hose ?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

same setup as far as im aware?

Not a straight fit then if they do.he wants one that bolts to intercooler.gets a vf34 or 35 it wont fit on intercooler with out moddin it n if he changes intercooler to sti intercooler it wont attach to throtal body as its in a diffrent place on a hatch wrx

4 minutes ago, aucky said:

same setup as far as im aware?

Not a straight fit then if they do.he wants one that bolts to intercooler.gets a vf34 or 35 it wont fit on intercooler with out moddin it n if he changes intercooler to sti intercooler it wont attach to throtal body as its in a diffrent place on a hatch wrx

fair dos, never heard anyone whos dont it before have issues, but not done it personally :)

Most people just think their like all other imprezas.with throtle body in middle of inlet manifold coming out the back.on the hatch wrx it uses same set up at a 07 forester xt the throtle body come out under inlet manifold and across to passenger side car.then intercooler sits straight on to turbo fastned with 2 bolts and a o ring.vf34 are ok for like bug blob n hawks,but would be a paint on a hatch unless he was fitting a front mount intercooler with custom pipe work,even then may have to make custom oil feed n stuff to fit,if he finds a vf52 from a 2.5 forester xt its a straight swap and his original intercooler will fit straight on to it,vf52 was also fitted to later wrx-s model in usa but not sure if it was fitted to uk version.its basiclly a vf39 but with a flange to bolt intercooler to it.the vf52 is a 320bhp rated turbo thats why i say mine is at its limit at minute,but allready have a plan for the summer to build engine and hit 400 like a guy i follow on youtube.

• Like 1

On 17/12/2016 at 1:44 PM, Mark D said:

Back pressure is good, but only for a 2 stroke with no valves, it helps keep the mixture in the cylinder.

I think the people who encourage back pressure started off with a 2 stroke, then thought it was good for all engines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does impact 4T NA engines, hence development of exhaust valves to change the diameter of the pipe and improve midrange pull plus smooth delivery by removing flatspots. Length of pipe can also improve torque. But turbo engines just need the fastest least resistance path to atmosphere to help spool and response.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2016 at 5:14 PM, Niko169 said:

350 would be a fantastic number I am very rarely in boost just like dusting big misters in there big flash cars 😁 and I got embarrassed by an r6  at 5 am on the way to work the other morning hahah

I know the feeling, i had a newish GTR pull away from me, That being 500bhp+ and I'm only just over 320bhp :( my car feels so slow