Handling upgrade advice

Sirspidey

Hi all. Now I've got the level of power I'm happy with, I'm starting to look at the handling of my 2005 wrx. I know there are many things I could do, so just wanted a bit of advice as it appears to be a mine field lol. My car is (as far as I know) stock except front shocks are sti ones. Later in the year I intend getting a set of coil overs. Other that that stock. My car is my daily and I don't do track day. I'm not looking for a car so stiff it knocks my fillings out, but enough to cope with the extra power added (285bhp). I've been looking at front and rear white line strut braces to start and possible anti roll bars. Is this a good place to start? Also I'm not made of money, so I will get the part one at a time and fit when I've got them all.

Many thanks for any help

Get a thicker rear anti roll bar, one of the best value for money mods you can do, 22mm at rear and stock at front will make it corner without the understeer.

Braces are good too but the new age is a lot stiffer than classic so may not see as much benefit as the bigger bar

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Unless your going to track the car not much point stiffening up the front as it will cancel out the benefits of the thicker bar

90% of cars come out of the factory with a safe amount of understeer built in, the rear bar just gives you more neutral feel

Anything above 20mm on the front is too stiff for the road imo

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sorry Jeff, I ment uprated bar , new arb bushes and "refresh" the droplinks with either oe or aftermarket new ones ( if there's play In them)

I've left the front bar standard as my coilovers and engine weight keep the front flat anyways (it now kicks the back out just before the front which I prefer )

I run Whiteline "pigtail" rears but the likes of super pro ,Whiteline or cdf do solid rear "c shape" droplinks which have less give in them .

Try to get a adjustable rear arb which 3 hole settings in each end that the droplinks attach to .

As it gives you a option to adjust the roll stiffness by simply attaching the droplinks to the arb in a different position (10 mins work )

Import Car Parts to ali drop links for a good price.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

Yeah I bought my old classic uk turbo ally front droplinks from them and was well happy with them . Only did about 8 k on them but they didn't fit the ally wishbones on the v1sti [emoji57]

But hey my loss was stants gain .... as they're currently doing their thing on his fozzy now [emoji5]