Drop Links

nidgep

Hoping someone can advise on the best drop links for a 2004 SG Forester XT.

Recently replaced both front drop links with what were stated to be genuine OEM items from eBay.

Now noticed that the front is knocking again after less than 1000 miles and think it's the drop links again.

If they have failed already, then would greatly appreciate advice on which drop links are generally considered the best.

thanks in advance

Only brands we use are Blueprint or Meyle HD, we not had bother with either and price sensible too .

Blueprint ADS78504
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Anti-Roll-Bar-Link-fits-SUBARU-FORESTER-Front-Left-or-Right-2-0-2-5-2002-on-New-/232082360398?

Meyle HD 34-160600003/HD
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MEYLE-Front-Right-Stabiliser-anti-roll-bar-DROP-LINK-ROD-No-34-16-060-0003-HD-/361074352328?

l like the Meyle ( used these on few local farm foresters and they been going strong almost 3yrs), left and right are same part so no need worry handed )

• Like 1

Great thanks for the advice guys - much appreciated.

Always good to know which products work and proven and tested.

Mr. B - Heard good things about BluePrint - are their brake discs and pads as good as I've been told?

If so, where's the best place to buy them?

^ probably eBay but always worth getting price from local supplier before committing .
personally I think Meyle drop links are better than the blueprint, can't go far wrong with blueprint stuff in general, ignition leads are junk though ;-)

We find eBay prices can be better than what we get trade from local factors, so much so we got about 4K in common parts stocked now as makes prices better for customer plus jobs can be done quicker because stocked and using our preferred quality which generally fits far better as well as lasting like oem too .

2 x Meyle HD drop links ordered as per the eBay link from Mr B. Will fit them when they arrive - hopefully by the weekend.

Seller claimed that they are handed although the part numbers are the same as stated by Mr B.

On another note, when checking the drop links on the car I noticed that I could move the front ARB laterally causing the drop links to change angle (sway).

Is this normal or does it suggest that the front ARB bushes need replacing? Any pointers gladly welcomed on this.

If they do need to be replaced - any preferences on which ones?

If rollbar feels loose in the bar rubber D bushes get new pair.
Febi Bilstein, Delphi or Firstline would be options . Firstline less half cost of our local factors on eBay, not used Firstline but at eBay price of around £8 a pair inc P&P hard beat (£18 at our factors :-O ) Do measure rollbar diameter to see size compatible ...

• 2 months later...
On 1/6/2017 at 9:56 AM, Mr B said:

Only brands we use are Blueprint or Meyle HD, we not had bother with either and price sensible too .

Blueprint ADS78504
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Anti-Roll-Bar-Link-fits-SUBARU-FORESTER-Front-Left-or-Right-2-0-2-5-2002-on-New-/232082360398?

Meyle HD 34-160600003/HD
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MEYLE-Front-Right-Stabiliser-anti-roll-bar-DROP-LINK-ROD-No-34-16-060-0003-HD-/361074352328?

l like the Meyle ( used these on few local farm foresters and they been going strong almost 3yrs), left and right are same part so no need worry handed )

Do these fit SF5 models as well? Thanks!

Nope you need solid ones paul,

Stubbies at the front c shape for the rear 🖒

(Pic for illustration) as there's no way I'd get the gold WL ones as if you want WL get the silver's they are half the price, @scoobyghost got a set from somewhere on the bay

whitelineKLC31.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk