Piggys (slow) build

Piggysniffer

Starting to get bits on it now 🙂, that killer b pickup is a lot of money for a small thing, spose its peace of mind tho... Gonna get heads stripped this weekend, the baffle in the sump has a crack at one of the mounting points (same as the one on my car, must be another scooby thing) so gonna tig that up tomoz before I fit it

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

I have to ask as am not clued up on engine stuff so good to learn it,but what makes that killer be pick up so special and expensive.also have you painted the block or did it come like that,would look great in my car that being blue [emoji22] made me want to do more parts of mine now.

I think it's cos they are guaranteed not to break like the oem ones, it does seem steep for a pick up tube, but they are very well made and are made/welded by hand by the look of it, I just couldn't have the worry of an oem one breaking and ruining my engine, it's a big leap from £36 oem to £175 for this but I had to have one to sleep better at night 😆

7 minutes ago, stants said:

Thought about putting a different baffle or windage tray in there while it's all apart ?

Will it be going on track at all ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

No mate, no track work or any fast road really, as I mostly don't drive like a tit anymore just want something to give me that grin factor when I ever stamp on the loud pedal and to be reliable

• Like 1

I think it's cos they are guaranteed not to break like the oem ones, it does seem steep for a pick up tube, but they are very well made and are made/welded by hand by the look of it, I just couldn't have the worry of an oem one breaking and ruining my engine, it's a big leap from £36 oem to £175 for this but I had to have one to sleep better at night 😆

So its just a tube nothing inside it.hmm sould gave me a picture of it i could have made you it [emoji6]

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, Piggysniffer said:

Lols, I was gonna brace my oem one up that I've had in the car a couple of months, but I got a sticker with the killer b one hahaga 

not that simple mate,brace it too low and it just bend,too high will snap it off,use flat bar for brace no strength,i am just touting for jobs for my firm am starting up lol :wink:

Double tubing is one option or using a thicker tube brazed to the plate in place of the original tube. A lot of the aftermarket support legs are stamped so not flat to increase strength.

@aucky if I can get the money behind me for my startup we should talk :wink1:

Why not ! The oem ones go soft and squidgy after a while, the group n ones are stiffer and a compromise between the polyurethane ones that shake your teeth out

[emoji23]

• Like 1

Fairly easy if you have a lift, undo 1 mount, pitch stop too of its gonna help, then jack up the block slightly will be able to undo the retaining nut on the mount slide old one out then pop new one in, and repeat

• Like 1

Fairly easy if you have a lift, undo 1 mount, pitch stop too of its gonna help, then jack up the block slightly will be able to undo the retaining nut on the mount slide old one out then pop new one in, and repeat

May do mine then.was looking at a new pitch stop which comes with engine mounts as well.now you made it sound so easy to change them think i will order them.you no when av no skin on nuckles am blamin you stants [emoji3]

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Was gonna do mine myself but seeing as it was at martins I got him to do it, much easier with proper lift for the engine,

Pitch stop and gearbox mount are easy I did those in about an hour all in.

There's a couple of posts somewhere