Piggys (slow) build

Piggysniffer

Well slowly gathering bits for my build, so far

built 2.5 cdb short engine

head gaskets

water pump

hawkeye sti engine rebuilt at 57k with failed headgasket at 106k to rob for parts, heads mainly, but also sump, baffle plate, etc etc to get engine mostly built up so car not off road for too long

Used Full 3" turbo back system from a classic, bought and polished up 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

got a newage sti undertray to go with the sti cooler I bought off kershaw, it doesn't fit under the hawk scoop as the scoop is too low, there isn't a bigger scoop for the hawk, so am gonna fabricate an ally mad max one for it lol

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Have got a killer b oil pickup ordered, there is a company called funky power uk selling them on eBay, I emailed killer b Motorsport USA to ask if the funky power were genuine, they said they didn't have dealings with funky power so couldn't guarantee that they were, but killer b gave me a link to their French based supplier, so have one on order from them 👍

Looks like headgasket has failed/is failing on my scoob, gonna try and nurse it along with kseal etc as not really at a point to get this done but if it goes good style then this may have to be brought forward (credit card taking a few broadsides) (accompanied by some very sideways looks from the wife) 

19 minutes ago, savage bulldogs said:

Sorry to hear the original lump is spitting it's dummy out , what have you got left to get for the new lump ?

Oil pump, cambelt kit, clutch, turbo, uppipe, flywheel (probs use one from my engine and get it skimmed, I think that's mostly it, gotta lap valves, fit new stem seals maybe get heads refaced/skimmed and get head stud holes drilled out to 14.2mm, I'm sure there's more tho lol oh, gonna do tumble valve delete too

will order oil pump this week, was told to fit rcm 11mm by builder, so that what it'll have

gotta find out about cambelt as want to be up near 380-400bhp and have read that probs need uprated belt ?

Oh, and I need two new ceramic ? Cambelt pulleys as I broke both getting them off, whoever had fitted the retaining bolts had used locktite on all 4 pulley bolts, I had to weld 19mm nuts to the Allen bolts as they would not come undone with an Allen set and beaker bar, just destroyed the bolt head, not a lot of fun that day lol

Someone like matty b @ mbdevelopments or Scott at pole position might have the cam pulleys in stock .

I don't know if there's a particular limit to get a uprated belt but I went for the gates kevlar belt (half the price of the cossie one ) with New idler's and tensioner .

10 hours ago, Sandals said:

Wow... you really have had no luck with your current engine! Very fortunate you bought the new lump :D

It's got 106k on it now, I've done one headgasket, I presume it's the other, is there a set time for a scoob hg to last, they seem to suffer from what I read, just can't see the point in spending any money or time on this lump, if I have to pull it it may as well stay out till other one is done 😕

35 minutes ago, Piggysniffer said:

It's got 106k on it now, I've done one headgasket, I presume it's the other, is there a set time for a scoob hg to last, they seem to suffer from what I read, just can't see the point in spending any money or time on this lump, if I have to pull it it may as well stay out till other one is done 😕

Yeh the 2.5's have a higher failure rate on the head gaskets and ringlands. Seen some go at around 50k... some don't go at all... just your luck it seems

4 hours ago, savage bulldogs said:

Dunno anything thing about the compatibility or the seller but I spotted these c62ca1668ab17851e4c1e9b9f59f8ddb.jpg

Any good ?

Cheers mate, I got those ones, it's the exhaust ones I need, the ones without the avcs, I think I'm gonna take them off my engine when I pull it