Thinking about a Hawk...

PazzaN96

Howdy all!

Been on here around a year now with my 2.0 GX blobeye and she's slowly starting to show her age (rust developing, lower control arm snapped and replaced, belts now being replaced)

And in May it is my birthday, so I'm thinking of treating myself to a WRX of some format, and would quite like a hawkeye!

The long and short of it is that I'd like to know if there is anything to look out for with them... Are there any knows issues with the engine or running gear? I'm pretty capable when it comes to working on cars but just don't want to dump a load of money into a car that will just end up going south on me!

And the other thing is, is it worth me just going for a blob eye WRX instead ??

Any tips or knowledge would be appreciated, and repaid with a number of Internet points and a virtual high five!

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Nowt wrong with a hawk mate and i personally think they look better then the blob.i no someone who had a hawk sti runnin about 560bhp.it like i allways say get good service history and look after it and you will love the car.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I think that might be the core of it, I'm looking low and high for a good one that's not silly money and there's some out there...

It's going to be with me for a while so I'd probably look to get forge parts anyway as I'm going to want some bigger numbers power wise!

Just wasn't sure if it would be worth my while is all... But I do like the look of the hawk, and their at least slightly more modern inside as well

I love mine. Yeah they have a higher failure rate for ringlands but if you're planning on rebuilding anyways...just get a compression test done before you buy and that'll give you a good indication of the state of them. My standard hawk has no issues as of yet (knock on wood) and I love it 👍🏻

I've seen one near me, £6999 for a 2007 hawk with 57k on the clock and it's got it's paperwork as well so I'm quite tempted by that one... Seems to be around the right kind of price for a Subaru with that low a mileage on it