Rough idle and clicking noise

cornish6544

When the car comes to a stop with the engine not all the time but most of the time it will idle roughly gradually raving itself only ever so slightly and i hear a clicking noise coming from around the key area. Could this be something to do with wiring?

Idles rough as in the engine misses or idles higher than normal and goes back to normal?

Plug wire damaged when changing plugs and occasionally shorting?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes it seems to idle rough raise the revs from 1000 to around 1500 then back down again only raising for a second or two but then randomly do it again after another 10 seconds have past and whenever it happens i hear a clicking noise which is in sync to the rev needle rising and when the needle drops again the clicking will stop.

Any black smoke when it does it?

Had a Nissan do something similar, (all the maf cleaning references was due to that car!) plugged my reader in, it would run with fuel trims at 0%... then it would try to 'correct' by going to 5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, 25% then just stay there running really rich then go back down to 0% and start all over.

Anyway, takes 2 minutes to check for codes.

Even if your check engine light isn't on, there could be codes stored...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does this go away when cold?

Have you had any mods done?

As Mark says, check the engine codes.

Pop ur head under the steeringwheel and have a look around you should see 2 pairs of wires.

1 green pair and 1 black pair.

Connect the black pairs and, turn the ignition to on (so u hear the fuelpump buzz)

Record the check engine light and post it here and we can take a took for ya.