P1steve

Stevep1

Hi my names Steve as you,ll probably guessed. had my car 14 years which is a p1 want to get new springs but having trouble finding genuine p1 springs? if anybody could help it would be most appreciated thanks steve

Hi n welcome Steve .

Afaik the oe p1 springs were made by elbaich and there was a group buy thread on scabby net a while back .

I have got a set of classic elbaich pro springs which are good for fast road use as they're progressive rate (soft in a straight line but stiffen up under load in the twisties )

But they ain't quite the same as the oe p1 elbaich jobbies . So if you wish to keep the car standard you'd have to find some p1 oe spec springs .

P.s don't be shy and feel free to post a pic of the p1 , as we like pics on here 😉

On 02/04/2017 at 1:02 PM, savage bulldogs said:

Hi n welcome Steve .

Afaik the oe p1 springs were made by elbaich and there was a group buy thread on scabby net a while back .

I have got a set of classic elbaich pro springs which are good for fast road use as they're progressive rate (soft in a straight line but stiffen up under load in the twisties )

But they ain't quite the same as the oe p1 elbaich jobbies . So if you wish to keep the car standard you'd have to find some p1 oe spec springs .

P.s don't be shy and feel free to post a pic of the p1 , as we like pics on here 😉

Cheers looking to buy original's if possible. passenger side of car hits wheel arch if you go round bend hardû when somebody in back so not too sure if spring or shock?

My front shocks were fubar'd on my v3 uk and the front sat 15mm different from drivers side to passengers side .

But tbh you'd probably get the same if the springs were fubar'd too .

Have you done a visual check for oil leakage around the suspect side shock ?

If there's no height difference might be worth checking the rear arb bushes and droplinks . As these can also cause extra movement in the rear suspension when worn .