GC8 wheel arch repair

Paul888

Hi my GC8's rear arches are fairly rusty not the worst i've seen but bad enough,inner arches are good . 

Any idea on cost to have an arch done with paint in the uk ? debating whether to buy a welder to cut out the rust and do it myself or pay someone but funds not good atm .. 😕

cheers in advance 

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Let me know if this link to the Facebook page works , if not I'll try to screen grab some contact details off there .

https://m.facebook.com/Automotive-Repair-Panels-424084321262541/

Ray is a helpful fella and well into his scoobies [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Elephant said:

Just got mine and it has a few bubbles on one side is it a major issue ?

they go from the inside out so if visible will be bad behind

I spent quite a bit of time cleaning and painting my inner arches on my 94 sti .

Even though I've kept the outer and inner arches clean it's started to bubble on the drivers side rear [emoji15]

After investigation it's being caused by moisture in the boot being trapped behind the boot liner and sitting on the rear arch/ chassis leg [emoji57] 650314576b516148c0086f315626b794.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That is clean lol i checked mine a few months back and cleaned out the crud and sprayed the inner arches with rustproofer, just caught them in time but unfortunately the outer arches have now gone on one side bad and just bubbling in the other ... i've bought a mig welder so will cut out and replace in the summer when it's warmer and drier .