What ecu do I need?

Hi all. Im still new to the world of scoobies so need a bit of advise. I have a p reg uk2000 (which is a 1996 if im correct) i would like to upgrade it bit to get some more power but from what i understand my ecu is not mappable. What is the best corse of action here?

Thanks in advance

Hi all. Im still new to the world of scoobies so need a bit of advise. I have a p reg uk2000 (which is a 1996 if im correct) i would like to upgrade it bit to get some more power but from what i understand my ecu is not mappable. What is the best corse of action here?

Thanks in advance

Your ecu should be mappable but would need an esl board added. Which mappers have you contacted that told you it's not possible?

13 minutes ago, Scoobyghost said:

Most I know opt for esl on pre 98 classics.

seems to be things have moved on a bit towards alcatek, but he biggest issue is customer services sucks baboons balls with it :(

43 minutes ago, Scoobyghost said:

Yeah been a while since I've known anyone to map a classic that old too

There's def a downturn in scoobs in general.

There at the stage where you can pick one up for 1-2k so people think oo cheap performance car and buy one. They then find out come service time its still a 30k car. They can't afford it so scrimp on servicing, which then means it blows up. Then they cant afford to rebuild it so they either break it or sell it too a breaker.

Give it a few years and prices are gonna spike like they have with type r's and RA's and you'll find they become rarer so people are more prepared to spend money on keeping them going.

You can send your ecu off on an exchange basis for 300quid from esl,

I've just sold my ecu with an esl board in it for 200 so worth checking the bay,

I'm assuming yours will have a td04 ? If so a td05 or vf series (better option as newer) will see you past 300bhp

Will need to change the oem fuel pump for something that flows better as the last thing you want is for it to lean off under increased boost and everything to go pop

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info ive had a look on eBay but can see anything. If you know anyone selling one can you point them in my direction, saying that £300 doesnt seem too bad. I take it it will have a basic map on so the car will run then i can fit the mods and have it mappes to suit?