Introduction

@rps

Yeah I'll be getting an sti scoop. But the heat either side of the radiator burst one of my power steering pipes the other day. The pipe is pretty old and brittle so I've done a quick fix until I have time to get a reinforced one. Extra vents are more for when I'm in stop start traffic. 

I'm gonna see how the new pipe holds out before getting any though. 

Does yours run pretty hot? 

Theres something up there mate subaru spent millions designing the cars to not destroy themselves stationary lol stood over my bay you can feel the heat from my engine bay through my vent but at 90 degrees or whatever they get to your gunna.the fountain of knowledge will know so i summon @Tidgy 😉

@Piggysniffer they would look lovely on urs 😁

Whats the condition of your radiator? when did it last have a coolant change? are the fans kicking in when it gets hot?

If the water temps are getting that hot i dread to think whats going on with your oil temps, might be worth looking at an oil cooler kit, should help keep the general temps down as well.

On 2017-6-1 at 2:07 PM, Tidgy said:

Whats the condition of your radiator? when did it last have a coolant change? are the fans kicking in when it gets hot?

If the water temps are getting that hot i dread to think whats going on with your oil temps, might be worth looking at an oil cooler kit, should help keep the general temps down as well.

Oil temp is fine. Water temp is fine. The temp sits just below half way and never goes above. I think it's mainly because the pipe from power steering fluid bottle is the original pipe. And it's really brittle and cracked. Got a new one easy enough. All fitted and is fine. 

But thanks for the advice. @Tidgy

• Like 1

14 hours ago, N1ckhe4d said:

Oil temp is fine. Water temp is fine. The temp sits just below half way and never goes above. I think it's mainly because the pipe from power steering fluid bottle is the original pipe. And it's really brittle and cracked. Got a new one easy enough. All fitted and is fine. 

But thanks for the advice. @Tidgy

sweet, glad it was an easy fix

42 minutes ago, N1ckhe4d said:

@Tidgy

Yeah. It was a 2 week wait from subaru though. I'm still gonna look into the oil cooling kit aswell. Just for piece of mind. 

i've run oil coolers on my past few cars, just make sure its thermostatically controlled

On 2017-5-21 at 7:18 PM, Rps said:

No fly eye is the tinting process to black lights out without jepradising peformance lol mine are done on heree5ca3e1154b71f35e016faaa5f8b077e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

how did you do this mate ?