My Blob

Great shout! Will be good to see once its mapped.. I imagine with a FMIC you should be able to hit 300! so long as the rest is up to it! 

To hit the 300 mark you need to replace the stock td04 turbo as that will limit you to about 285bhp at best but looking good what mods have you got already?

Front mount intercooler is only really necessary for 400+ bhp or if you really want the front mount looks. 

To hit the 300 mark you need to replace the stock td04 turbo as that will limit you to about 285bhp at best but looking good what mods have you got already?

Front mount intercooler is only really necessary for 400+ bhp or if you really want the front mount looks. 

Totally agree. I've had my wrx mapped to 285. Also if you are thinking of bigger number you might need to change more than just the turbo. Injectors, fuel pump and most importantly gearbox. The 5 speed is the week point of these cars. I've had mine reconditioned as a bearing had failed. And that not to say it won't go again. Don't get me wrong, they can go to about 330bhp ish, but I don't think I'll risk it. Any more than that then I would look at a 6 speed conversion or sell it and get an sti.

Btw where did you get the fog covers from?

Cheers

I only put my fmic on for looks lol got an extra 15bhp out of the map after but i wasnt at the limits of the turbo prior to the install but i am now.

Nice car u need some carbon fog ducts to run a cold feed up the wing to the induct kit

Guess who has the needed parts lol

4 hours ago, Sirspidey said:

Totally agree. I've had my wrx mapped to 285. Also if you are thinking of bigger number you might need to change more than just the turbo. Injectors, fuel pump and most importantly gearbox. The 5 speed is the week point of these cars. I've had mine reconditioned as a bearing had failed. And that not to say it won't go again. Don't get me wrong, they can go to about 330bhp ish, but I don't think I'll risk it. Any more than that then I would look at a 6 speed conversion or sell it and get an sti.

Cheers

Aye I spent a fair bit on mine to get it to 345bhp, full decat, turbo, ported headers, tgv delete, injectors, fuel pump, boost solenoid, sit top mount, panel filter, induction resonator delete, better flowing induction silicone pipes and put an alloy rad on and removed the all the aircon to cool it better. Told 350 is the point where it's life can be reduced/risked if hammered. The 5speed box is abit of a ticking time bomb some people are lucky some aren't even with mild maps. It's the 3rd gear which is known for going. If mine goes I'll convert it to 6speed rather than risking another unknown second hand 5speed box.

• 5 weeks later...
On 03/06/2017 at 7:42 AM, Rps said:

I only put my fmic on for looks lol got an extra 15bhp out of the map after but i wasnt at the limits of the turbo prior to the install but i am now.

Nice car u need some carbon fog ducts to run a cold feed up the wing to the induct kit

Guess who has the needed parts lol

How much for the fog ducts?

On 03/06/2017 at 5:37 AM, Sirspidey said:

Cheers

285 is still a nice number, thanks for saving me the heart break haha!