Newbie in the market

TNC-TOM

morning all.

im looking to by my first impreza with a budget of 9k, it will be my daily and doing 25miles a day 9-10k a year. (50/50 b road and duel carriageway)

ideally id like a 2.0 225 due to tax and some fuel savings, relaibility (like for like) and probably insurance savings?

i do not want a performance modified example as i like standard with minor "aesthetic" mods and exhaust of course.

what models or years etc... would you advise going for and what to look out for?

oh and i want blue with proper spoiler!

For a 2.0l engine your looking at up to and including some early 2006 models, unless you look at imports too. Some hawk eye imports had the 2.0l block which would take you up to late 2007 / early 2008.

For 9k you should be able to get a clean low mileage example with the all important full service history

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, TNC-TOM said:

cheers mate, struggling to find one at the monment sub 50k. theres a few around 65k but thats starting to get repair territory isnt it?

65k is still very low mileage... the 2 litre (if well maintained) tend to run for a long time. Few folk on here who are part of the 150k+ club and still going strong!

The 2.5 however is the one to be wary of, some people have no issues, others either have HG failures or ringland issues. Doesn't seem to be a specific mileage either... 

65k is just about run in and loosened up [emoji41]

A well looked after car at that mileage will give you many many years of happy driving [emoji106]

4 hours ago, Sandals said:

65k is still very low mileage... the 2 litre (if well maintained) tend to run for a long time. Few folk on here who are part of the 150k+ club and still going strong!

The 2.5 however is the one to be wary of, some people have no issues, others either have HG failures or ringland issues. Doesn't seem to be a specific mileage either... 

yeh i definately want a 2.0 really as tax insurance and fuel would be too much for me whilst im saving for a mortgage.

hardly any about though! 

i dont mind going 65k if its full service history and not modded

It's just a case of waiting for o w too come up. Most have FSH as they tended be owned by people who care about their cars. Took me a couple of months to find the right one.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

Maybe it was supposed to say £40.00 a week in V power 🤣

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Other brands are available....

• Like 1