Boost controller

Ellsa1

I've got a remapped ecu done by ks rom just seems a bit harsh maybe it's just me I've got a turbosmart eboost2 laying around and I've not used it on anything expensive paperweight lol

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Classics are known to cope with unmapped mods slightly better than newage (bug onwards) but it's still Russian roulette bolting stuff on or changing boost targets, without mapping or at least monitoring afr and knock .

Even "chipped" ecu's are a gamble and there's no safe shortcuts around dipping you hand in your pocket and paying for a bespoke remap [emoji6] .

Yeah I will buy a sivtek ecu at some point the car isn't even on the road yet it's not seen the road in six years I'm just coming to the end of it's rebuild so I'm just getting some idea witch way to go .. I've owned loads of turbo cars just not a Subaru

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Neil said:

Are the prodrive ones any good ?

Actualy i take it back, only ever heard them called boost solenoids, not boost control solenoids, which is the actual name.

I had one of these on mine,

http://shop.scoobyclinic.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=265_285&product_id=666

Not had any dealings with any of the other brands to be fair.

A apexi avcr does control the boost better than the standard ecu ,even with some cheaper stand alone ecu's and a 3 port .

But it's probably not necessary at sub 330hp running oe turbos (ideal for bigger turbos to reduce lag )

As you can adjust the boost in each gear, to stop under boost in the lower gears and over boost in the higher gears .

You can also have high boost ,low boost and scramble settings on the fly . Latter of which can be set to give a surge of boost at the touch of a button .

It has to be set up on a dyno and some expensive aftermarket ecu's can also do this anyways .

I had a apexi f.c ecu and additional map sensor and 3 port control lead already, tbh the boost control was fine with the tdo5 16g .

My budget is fairly low compared to some so when a aps sr40 (stock location gt28) and avcr was offered to me for £350 I snapped it up [emoji41]

I hit 1 bar 750 rpm sooner in 4th and 0.4 bar more in 2nd since fitting the avcr after fitting the gt28 [emoji6]