car will not start after cambelt change

Phillip1993

Hi guys having a big problem with my car atm infect been off the road for 5 days, iv changed the cambelt and i got 1 with the lines on so i couldn't get it wrong, now this is not the first time iv done the cambelt on 1 of these so im almost certen that its gone back on right in fact iv checked it 4 times now also using the marks on the cams.

So it comes to starting it and the car will fire once and then not again, and the only time it will fire again is when the ecu has been disconnected for some time and then reconnected 

any help as this point would be amazing as im on the edge of giving up and the car means alot to me 

thanks, 

Phill

Subaru Impreza V1 WRX 1993 with ESL

Possibly a sensor plug came off something like cam or crank sensor, really not sure if everything is lined up, sorry can't be of any more help 
If buy the off chance iv been a fool 100% would it only fire once untill a reset

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

possibly if reads sensor correlation off it may set a code and cut ignition/fuel .

check codes and check for spark cranking, once done that triple check your timing to workshop diagram and also review sensors and harnesses for damage .

Best way fit these belts if not use to marks is mark old one to each pulley and add a C to distinguish crank with marker then count teeth and transfer marks to new belt .

possibly if reads sensor correlation off it may set a code and cut ignition/fuel .

check codes and check for spark cranking, once done that triple check your timing to workshop diagram and also review sensors and harnesses for damage .

Best way fit these belts if not use to marks is mark old one to each pulley and add a C to distinguish crank with marker then count teeth and transfer marks to new belt .

Tryed geting a code and nothing is comeing up

are you on standard ecu, mapped ecu, aftermarket ecu, piggyback controllers ?
was power removed while doing belt service ?

I would be triple checking your timing to subaru timing diagram in depth and good visual on timing sensors harnesses etc .

If you got the ability review sensor data while cranking .

are you on standard ecu, mapped ecu, aftermarket ecu, piggyback controllers ?
was power removed while doing belt service ?
I would be triple checking your timing to subaru timing diagram in depth and good visual on timing sensors harnesses etc .
If you got the ability review sensor data while cranking .
Iv got a ecu with a esl bord on and also a standard ecu they both do the same, the esl software is the only type of live monitoring i have that shows rpm when cranking to be 150

Engine loom plugs and engine loom earths free from corrosion and making a good connection?

Still getting power to the ecu when it stops firing?
Yes ecu still has power after first crank iv check the residence at the crank and cam sensor at the ecu and thay have definitely got a good connection

Aftermarket alarm ?

Igniter plug /wiring ok ?
Its Behind the boost solenoid bracket and controls spark .

Coilpack wiring insluation damaged ?

As the two wires inside the black sleeving can arc together even though the black outer sleeveing looks intact .

Its got the new age conversion and iv checked to lines from the ecu to the packs and its all ok

Alarm is my own fitment and never used the immobiliser on it

I only had esl on my v3 uk , so unsure if the v1/v2 is the same but i had switchable maps . When i disconnected the ecu it automatically switched to map 1 , had to depress the throttle to the floor then turn ignition on to switch back to map 2 .

Bit of a long shot that it has switchable maps or that if it has , that map2 is useless . No one local got a standard ecu to try to rule out a fried ecu .

Fuel pressure reg vac line ok? , a very weak fuel pressure might cause it to fuel cut /cut spark .

Can't think of much else atm , hopefully it's something simple and not lack of compression.

I assume if you've got a copy of the service manual, have you checked everything electrical it says to check regarding no spark when turning it over?

It dose have 2 maps and both of them are working maps i also have got a standard ecu and have already tryed that so i dont think is my ecu
As for fual pressure the car was stinking of fual and i also removed the plugs and thay where soked so clean them and put them back
Iv checked all the vac lines and it doesn't seem to be them
I have a feeling that 1 of the crank or cam sensor is faulty but unsure wich atm so need to get an oscilloscope to find out thanks for all the ideas thow guys