Misfire cylinder 4 help

Hi my father in law has a 2007 hawk eye wrx its bringing a code up of misfire on cylinder 4. I’ve read a few posts on the internet about misfires on the wrx and that it could be anything but it also idles bad its almost stalling if you blip the throttle when the revs come back down its close to stalling then goes back up a little bit. But then its shaking the car sort of thing whilst idling I was hoping someone would have a idea what it could be from the idling problem cheers 

Couldn't tell you i know he hasnt changed them in the last 2 years that was going to be my first port of call then swap coil onto a different cylinder see if the code moves with it. Not familiar with the scooby engine just been watching some videos of people changing them out im i right in thinking there down the side of the engine

Yes they are, to change them you need to take out the airbox on the drivers side and the Battery and washer bottle on the passenger side. Not a hard job just a bit fiddly and time consuming. Don't swap the coils over as all you will do is make the firing order wrong and the engine will run terribly

Gonna see if theres a enough light left after i finish work tonight and take a look hope its nothing to expensive its my father in laws and hes basically said if i can fix it i can have it so yeah haha aint got the money to throw loads at it but if its spark plugs or coil pack i will be very greatful haha  

Drivers side--------------passengers side
-------------front of car------------------

-------#2-----------------------#1-------

-------#4-----------------------#3-------

Firing order is 1-3-2-4 ej20

0996b43f80208ffc.gif