Driver’s seat damage

Rizmo

Looks likely that the leather has been caught or pinched by the seat base, how old is the car “warranty”? Not seen this before on any car I’ve owned, I’ve had a seat swab collapse and considering my fame and weight it was deemed a manufacturing fault.

Car is just over three years old, so two years left. I wondered about body weight but, as these are sold all over, and our American cousins look pretty large, on the US XV forum, I don’t think they can use that as an excuse. Only done 18k miles, so don’t consider it over used. Will be off to a dealer in the morning.

If it’s over 3 yrs probably not covered, subaru 5yr warranty is 3yrs nose to tail and an additional 2yrs drivetrain warranty. 

Certainly give it a try though as if they’ve had problems they do address warranty claims outside the warranty, I had a new door lock mech about 6 months outside of warranty as a goid faith repair because they knew if an issue

good luck 

Yes, the three year warranty part did cross my mind. Not been able to get to a dealer, yet, due to hospital visits being a priority. If no go under warranty, I will go back to the original dealer (not Subaru anymore), and chuck the sale of goods legislation at them, as not fit for purpose. Failing that, a couple of inches of duct tape will sort it!😂

56 minutes ago, Rizmo said:

Yes, the three year warranty part did cross my mind. Not been able to get to a dealer, yet, due to hospital visits being a priority. If no go under warranty, I will go back to the original dealer (not Subaru anymore), and chuck the sale of goods legislation at them, as not fit for purpose. Failing that, a couple of inches of duct tape will sort it!😂

This is correct you get up to 6 yrs under the sale if goods act regardless of warranty, not sure about cars though as they sit differently in the Act