Roofbox advice

marcothio

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I recently purchased a KAMEI 510 roof box from www.roofbox.co.uk it's one of the larger boxes and seemed to rate very highly in the auto press reviews (it was the press reviews that made me choose it) I've only used it once so far on a trip from East Anglia to the Lake District, no problems with it, quiet and did not really notice I had it on in normal conditions, on the way home the weather was quite rough with high winds and heavy rain, the car I fitted it to is quite high (I need a small pair of steps to reach into it!) higher than an XV and cross winds affected the car slightly more but not worryingly so and it did not let any rain in. It seems a bit flimsy with the lid open, it opens either side, but once closed it's very rigid, key is held captive in the lock until the lid is fully closed when it auto-locks. I'm happy with it. One thing though, as it's so big and the car quite high it's a struggle to fit on my own, easy with 2 people.

• 1 month later...