Glasgow/ Paisley/Renfrew whos* about

ROSSCOSM

Hiya pal i'm in the Scottish borders not quite paisley/barrhead but still going about, i'm sometimes going about around the stenhousemuir area as that where my mate lives( who also has a scoob) you may see him around as he goes to alot of the tartan tarmac meets which if i remember correctly are around about where you are 😎👍

9 hours ago, stuartie said:

Hiya pal i'm in the Scottish borders not quite paisley/barrhead but still going about, i'm sometimes going about around the stenhousemuir area as that where my mate lives( who also has a scoob) you may see him around as he goes to alot of the tartan tarmac meets which if i remember correctly are around about where you are 😎👍

Nice one mate. Nice wee classic youve got there. You got many mods on it? What scoob has your mate got? 

• Like 1

Cheers mate 👍, i bought it as a kind of wee project, it came with an apexi air filter, a old school baileys dump valve and a 3'' exhaust from the turbo back but the previous owner never had it mapped so was overboosting when giving it the beans 🤨,  so had the engine out it last winter and got the heads skimmed and valves re-cut and re-seated and new gaskets, fitted yellow 440 injectors, uprated map sensor to a newer v5 sti one, got it mapped on esl by a chap called Chris at dyna tune from east kilbride, think its making around 300 ponies and thats @1.2 bar the only thing holding me back is the tmic and the next option is front mount but i'm not going down that road as want to keep the engine bay as original as i can,  my mate has a blob sti type uk in crystal grey which has had the works at Rodger clark motorsport, have you any plans for your motor 😎👍

Nice one mate all the proper mods there. Mines is unbelievable similar to yours lol. Has cobra sports cat down pipe custom cat back stainless exhaust and also a Bailey bov 😂. I am taking the Bailey off asap and reverting back to oem recirc valve which ive got ready to fit but kids = no time. Much like you mine hasn't been mapped yet so staying off boost as much as possible til ive got it done. Other than that it has full sti body kit with sti wheels so probably go brembos at some point and a couple of suspension tweeks here and there. Good idea with tmic im doing the same ill be happy with 275 hp ish. 

Aye the kids do take up alot of time bud ma two are always getting in the way or wanting money for this and that, i actually took my baileys dump valve off and replaced it with a forge adjustable one. When you get round to mapping i would deffo give andy forrest a shout and get it done there as he a bit of a god in the scoob world, i was going to get himto do mine but he had just stopped mapping the classics 😎👍

Aye im considered him, the mechanic i used said he can get it done with a guy he knows. He knows subarus inside out so ill ask his advice nearer the time. Yeah i know what you mean but my wee boy does love the scoob, take him runs to Ardrossan harbour quiet often. Ive just went with the standard recirc as advised by my mechanic. The forge one good? 

My wee lad the same he's absolutely gutted when i put it away for the winter all i get is when is the scooby coming back out to play haha 😂, the forge one is pretty good with it being adjustable you can have it set for recirculate or if you feeling like a yobbo you can v.t.a 😎👍

• 3 months later...
21 hours ago, ROSSCOSM said:

Aye mate usually every Saturday 

I own the garage across from there mate next to Morrisons petrol station. Thought i saw your car a few weeks ago over there lol I'm in this Saturday getting my car ready for crail. If your about mate you should pop in? 

Iv litteraly just sold it this morning aswell! 😂 Aye was a great car to drive just wasn't fast enough lol..... Full service Inc new brake and transmission fluid, 4 new tyres and iv also got a new front splitter, rear diffuser and wing stabilizers to fit😁 then a good wash and wax! Then it should be good to go for Sunday. 

Aye mate pretty busy haha, will be worth it once it's finished lol hoping for medium/high 12s maybe, never took the sti down the track but had the wagon down a few times lol that was in the 14s. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GraemeSTi said:

Aye mate pretty busy haha, will be worth it once it's finished lol hoping for medium/high 12s maybe, never took the sti down the track but had the wagon down a few times lol that was in the 14s. 

Found this picture from last year lol 

2428776877711742390.PNG

On 5/23/2019 at 4:39 PM, GraemeSTi said:

you should be well into the mid 12s surely. Says me the drag racing expert... not lol