New to Subaru's

Ali-phant

Hi all,

We've just purchased our first Subaru. She's a 2004 Legacy Estate 3.0 R. To say I'm impressed is an understatement!

Please excuse me in advance for any daft or "already asked a million times" questions.

I do however have one question... I dont seem to be able to find a Haynes manual specific to this car, do they do one? Thanks.

subaru.jpg

Hi Subbie newbie,

Welcome to owning your first Subaru , and glad you're impressed with your new motor.

I had my first one ,a 2003 2.0 Forester X ,(and I still own one, i'm on my 9th vehicle). I love them, especially when there's 12" snow about on the roads lol.

Having just sold my 2006 3.0R Spec B Leggy, i think you'll find the Haynes manuals are few and far between these days.

I looked for one 3 yrs ago but couldn't find one, although you may find a CD disc with the manual burned on, or a download version available, maybe check out the US market on eBay,

as I needed a Tribeca wheel centre but couldn't find one in the UK, but there were numerous in the US available, and I used PayPal to pay and delivered within 4 days..

Depending on what you need to look at you could possibly find info on YouTube, or other members advice on completing a specific task.

Give it time and someone else might have another solution.

Good luck,

Cheers

Hi, welcome to the club. 

I was torn between a 3.0 Legacy and my Impreza when I came back to Subaru. I had a Haynes manual for my gen 2, it was an American one and was pretty pants to be honest. 

No such thing as a stupid question, ask away!

Thanks guys.

It's in very good nic for its age, 153k on the clock with full Subaru service history up until 10,000 miles ago. Only things it needs is front tyres that are close, so gonna get new all round this week and the dome light doesn't come on with the doors, (but I'm assuming it's just the bulb, haven't had chance to check). Paintwork on the bonnet is a bit dull and surface scratches but I'm not complaining.

I did however have to read the handbook to find the wing mirror adjuster! Lol