Hello all

Dan B89

Hello all, my name is Dan today is the day I've waited for a long time, bought my first Subaru 2.5wrx 2006, so I thought I would pop on here say hello, and hear if there's any big do's and donts ha ha, mine fully standard, not been messed with(as far as I'm aware) no knocking,signs of fluid leaks, etc Got full service history, i hope I don't regret it...

• Like 1

Thank you, Yes I will do my best, may make some cosmetic changes(front and rear lights are a bit misty)but apart from that will leave standard I think,been today and signed all paper work got to pick up on Wednesday can't wait!

20190608_151915.jpg

• Like 2

😁😁 hello and thank you, will get some more pics up soon as possible, got travel 101 miles to fetch it on Wednesday so will be nice drive back 😎 just got to get there first ha ha 

We'll see once you've owned it a while .

I said I wasn't going to mod my first scooby 🙄

9yrs later all that remains of the original v3 UK is the dsr door ,front n rear bumpers and a few interior plastics 😂

Even if you don't intend to do any power mods , I'd recommend a dyno health check at some point .  some faults don't necessarily show ecu codes or running issues and it's always nice to know it's running healthy and safely.

Nice motor. Mines completely standard bar map (270 bhp) and big brake kit, same colour. I take it yours is a Hawkeye cheaper tax version mines an 07 plate. Sort the brakes out if they are standard as they are rubbish. That was the first mod i did. Godspeed Brembo big brake kit to fit standard wheels. Massive improvement no fade anymore or spongy pedal. As yours seems to have bigger wheels i would get some STI brembos and fit them.

Think I am goner get the rear windows tinted like yours. More pictures please. It looks lowered to me so not standard, maybe the bigger wheels make it look that way.

Something is better than nothing just be sensible and treat her nice. If I had oil temp gauge i would not boost until oil is at least 80 degrees maybe more. Looking into oil and pressure gauge next possibly. **** thread confusion cause we where talking live  and i did not realise it swapped.

I will, just don't want to brake it waited years to get Scooby, it's almost too good to be true, i have 4 children so theve had everything, so now is my time to be little selfish 😊

My front lights are starting to yellow too. Goner polish and put some 3M clear wrap on them for UV protection. Once thats goes yellow just peel off and re apply new wrap. Mine has the Zunsport grills which do look nice. Other than that I am going to replace/upgrade things as they die, I am sorter hoping the suspension goes so i can justify the money, lol.

Keep putting V-power in her. I came from a 1.9 diesel Punto that could do 55mpg. I was obsessed with fuel economy when i first got mine.

Best i got out of a tank is just over 300 miles worst just over 200 miles. Town driving around 23-24 mpg. Cruising down motorway i managed 28-29 mpg. Now I just drive it and put petrol in her and I do not care. I do walk a bit more now though.

I see you have blow off valve and lowered. Any more mods? You said it was standard which is almost impossible to find these days.

Picture of Zune sport grills

20180128_151711.jpg

Haha, yes well I'm learning a lot about this car and it not being so standard, it's on coil overs, with adjustable dampers(HARD/SOFT), blow off valve, alloys, lights, Windows and exhaust, all not standard, not sure if engine been messed with got it booked in for a health check and see what's what, it absolutely flies, full tank did just over 200miles lol I do love it too bits