Hello all, hope all are well, I'm on second day of owning my Subaru and learnt a lot, turns out this car had few mods🤯 I am now rank amature #2, looking threw paper work only proof I can find of cam belt being done was at 40k it's now at 70, it's has had good service history few from Subaru and various garages, does anyone know when I should get this belt changed ?? Is there a set time/millage?

I am looking into doing a DIY job as I cannot trust anyone in my area not even Subaru. What it looks like you do need is a cam locking tool to make life much easier. £20-30 from what I can see. Got few miles left until it needs changing so still investigating. Does not look to bad a job really. You need to to take the rad fans out at least. I will be taking rad out as well to avoid damaging the fins and to give you extra room to work with.

Scoobyworld do it for a reasonable price they did mine just after I bought it.

it can be easy if you do some research about it i did mine but i'm a mechanic so its easier for me but if you have a decent set of tools and the know how its quite straight forward but make sure you get a t-belt kit comes with guide pulleys and new tentioner but replace the water pump too if you can get a haynes manual it might make it easier .

• Like 1

If your not doing it Scoobyworld in liecester do it for a reasonable price.