To Lift or Not to Lift that is the question ?

Ned Kelly

I'd like to ask the greater XV audience.
To Lift or Not to Lift ?
I've been told that if I do Lift my XV that I Void my Warrantee and I Void my Maintenance Plan.

Are there issues as I cant find a Subaru approved Lift Kit. And I can find the LP Adventures Lift Kit ex USA and the ADF Lift Kit ex Australia.

I would love to hear your responses and the debate both Pro's and Con's Please.

• 4 weeks later...

How long has the warranty left to run?

Dependent on how high a lift can put additional strain on bearings / cv joints due to the angles involved but the suppliers should have taken that into consideration during design 

Hi Jay762
I've got months on the 'warrantee' but another year (roughly) on my Maintenance Plan.
I note that the maximum lift I can go on an XV (pre 2018) is 1.5 inches (something to do with the suspension geometry) which does not require different alignment / cast and camber etc, although I've seen a LP Adventures lift (on Youtube) which then provides different parameters to load into the alignment rig for a (I think it was) 2" lift. (which perhaps is a bit extreme.
I'm happy to go the minimum (1.5 Inches) so not as to mess with the suspension geometry or setup. 
I understand the (supplier) LP Adventure lift kit specifically takes those things into consideration in their lift kit.

Then perhaps I'd like to do 'Method' Road Wheels/rims and 215/65 R 16 's, I think it is, sometime in the future.