Here we go again 🤣

Hey team,

I have just signed up, seen similar posts regarding this but I have done some extra things unlike others. I have recently converted to a front mount intercooler and upgraded to a Td05 20g turbo, I have also put in a DW200 fuel pump and still have STI Pink injectors to go in..I have put these in and I am now having what seems to be a misfire issue. I believe it is from a vaccum leak but I am stumped on where it could be coming from. I have it at a shop but it is there on a pay first basis and it is there to get other work carried out too so I am doing most of the work myself as much as I can. The list is as follows as to everything I have replaced and what I have done to try find this issue:

TD05 20G - New gaskets, studs, nuts etc. All secure and tight. Oil feed is tight, oil return is on but needs clamped. Water feed is tight, water return needs tightend (Wastegate actuator is in the way, cant get anything in there till I put my external on.) 

K&N Pod filter connecting to a silicone Induction pipe - Revirculating bov hose has been blocked off with a plug and the PCV hose has been replaced and fitted with clamps. (I am also running a boost tap, I know slap me now but it is locked on 8psi and only temporary.) So the front to hoses are blocked off.

Front mount intercooler - All the joiners are if anything extra tight and have all been clamped down with think boy clamps. Blow off valve is mounted on the pipin and has an adapter and has been clamped on with hose clamps and a circlip.

Breather hoses on the metal rail running across the top of the intake manifold - friend of mine snapped one so I replaced them both with silicone 10mm hose and they are clamped with zip ties and fit fine. 

Spark plugs - These are a fit the vehicle standard and the car starts up fine (The motor was flooded so replacement was necessary.) They unflooded the car real quick but as stated there is a misfire/rough idle. Coils were all fine when I looked at them. 

Oil change and oil filter - Using oem parts and I believe 5/30 is what i put in it, fully synthetic stuff. 

Oem fuel filter - Just standard fuel filter change with the fuel pump fit in snug and the hoses are all fine.

Oil pressure gauge - I have installed a 60mm boost gauge, AFR gauge and Oil Pressure gauge, the oil pressure sensor sits behind the alternator nice and snug but it sill isn't reading any pressure (Probably my dumb **** not soldering the wires to the sensor) the boot gauge is fine that was easy as and the AFR hasn't been wired in yet.

As far as I can remember that is all I have done motor wise etc. Now we get to the juicy part. I start the car and for a second it is fine it goes up to about 1500 to 1800 rpm as it is a cold start but it drops down to about 800 to 500 and the motor shakes, actually makes a horrible noise from the intercooler piping rubbing on the guard from its little fit. I feather the throttle and I get up to 2k rpm and it sounds normal but it instantly drops down every time I lift off and continues to throw a tantrum. The car was running fine before I did all the work. Now I have not checked the fault codes, I am assuming the shop will do that if the smoke machine doesn't show a vacuum leak. I have squeezed, pulled and twisted every vacuum line but there are no splits, holes, brittleness or anything on any of them. I can only think the worst at this point and I would rather not think it if I can help it. Hence why I am reaching out. I am absolutely stumped. Feel free to ask any questions and provide any ideas, I will probably try most of your ideas on Monday when I can get the keys back to open the car. I have had the Battery out for more than long enough for the ecu to reset and still the same issue.

20200710_222918.jpg

20200711_104818.jpg

20200626_090819.jpg

It could well just be the changes in air flow ,that haven't  been mapped in .

Ie ...all the extra fmic pipework and bigger core having more volume ,the intake pipe ,maf tube and air filter changing flow too .

I dare say a smoke test and code read might flag up any issues , tgv ,coilpack misfire ect 

Then get it mapped asap , just don't wind that 20g up too much when mapping....

Your pistons and 5 speed will thank me later lol 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, savage bulldogs said:

It could well just be the changes in air flow ,that haven't  been mapped in .

Ie ...all the extra fmic pipework and bigger core having more volume ,the intake pipe ,maf tube and air filter changing flow too .

I dare say a smoke test and code read might flag up any issues , tgv ,coilpack misfire ect 

Then get it mapped asap , just don't wind that 20g up too much when mapping....

Your pistons and 5 speed will thank me later lol 

Yeah man I won't be going over 16psi and I don't want to go much higher than 300hp. We have found the issue, the throttle cable was too tight and the MAF was in the wrong way 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• Like 2