Buying a gc8.

blocko_23

Hi guys I'm looking at buy a gc8 Impreza I've found a couple in budget 

1 I found needs a bit of tlc which doesn't bother me as its a long term project but the main issue is that the seller has lost the keys. Is the lost key gona cause me lost of problems and be a massive issue? 

Or the other alternative is a auto gc8 and convert it to manual.. 

The key issue will depend on what year/version you are looking at as my v1 is just a normal key with the immobilizer through the alarm fob where as the later models have a chip in the key and a transponder on the key barrel so would have to get a new key coded to the car, converting an auto is do'able but could be a fairly big job and you would have to locate a manual box then put in new pedals and a master and slave cylinder as the manual clutch is hydraulic, you would be better off buying a manual and using the cash you would save to do that up, there are quite a few gc8's out there that are in need of some love so you should be able to pick up a manual pretty easily 👍

Yeah clean classics will fetch better money than wrx bugs and blobs , as the classics have already deprecated and started to rise in price .

Only things that keep prices of newage sti's high is the standard equipment....strong factory forged ej207 ,6 speed boxes ect ...

Tbh anything in the second hand car market is a gamble but I'd imagine you'd be looking at £4k+to buy a decent clean classic nowadays