Today I drove a MY16 WRX STI home from the dealer

Rampant

Thanks everyone.

19 hours ago, ROSSCOSM said:

Oohh thats a beauty enjoy.

how you finding the driving experience compared to other cars youve had?

Driving this offers better feedback and communication than the F80 M3 Comp DCT that I "traded in".  Clearly not as fast, but I think I will enjoy it more.  Seats could offer more lateral support, but everything in life is a compromise, I suppopse.

Overall, I'm happy so far and I'll be a lot happier when I start to do some mods.  Front lip spoiler required as well.

I have a 2 year warranty that covers most parts I would think, including head gasket and OEM turbo, pistons, etc...  It would be best if I didn't need to rely on that, lol...

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Rampant said:

Thanks everyone.

Driving this offers better feedback and communication than the F80 M3 Comp DCT that I "traded in".  Clearly not as fast, but I think I will enjoy it more.  Seats could offer more lateral support, but everything in life is a compromise, I suppopse.

Overall, I'm happy so far and I'll be a lot happier when I start to do some mods.  Front lip spoiler required as well.

I have a 2 year warranty that covers most parts I would think, including head gasket and OEM turbo, pistons, etc...  It would be best if I didn't need to rely on that, lol...

haha yeah. tbh if your planning to keep it a while and wanting to tune it then it might be worth looking at getting the engine sorted. Not cheap (well prob will be compared ot bmw prices haha), circa 5k+ for  proper closed deck forged build.