Wheel spacers

Remove if its been asked before, I did try search but didn't find anything.

So I have a Blob wagon, running stock wheels.  I like the looks of them for now, but plan on winding down the coilovers shortly.  I just want to know if any of you guys know what size spacers I need to get that flush fitment.  I was looking at the pictures I have and the wheels are WAAAY inside the arches and look terrible. 

our_44471_71b56ab8-f9b8-428c-a7eb-16426f8d90fb.jpg

LoL.

youll av to get your tape measure out I'm afraid, to measure the gap u have so u can then determine the spacer size for the gap u want it to be. 

Spacers thinner than 15mm thick will require longer aftermarket studs. 

Spacers that are 15mm thick or over have their own studs built in, come with nuts to put on the oem studs that, if thinner than 25mm will need cutting shorter. 

& if you do decide to get spacers then make sure that they are hub centric ones.

• Like 2

+2 for hubcentric spacers, stop that wobble / vibration.

I ran 20mm on my hatch with standard wheels and used a tape measure to figure out what size to buy.

I purchased H&R spacers in the end

• Like 1

On 12/1/2020 at 1:52 AM, SF5Fozzi said:

LoL.

youll av to get your tape measure out I'm afraid, to measure the gap u have so u can then determine the spacer size for the gap u want it to be. 

Spacers thinner than 15mm thick will require longer aftermarket studs. 

Spacers that are 15mm thick or over have their own studs built in, come with nuts to put on the oem studs that, if thinner than 25mm will need cutting shorter. 

& if you do decide to get spacers then make sure that they are hub centric ones.

Wasn't sure if anyone had put them on standard wheels on a wagon.  I asked on a Facebook group and some people were saying 25mm all round.  Some said 20 and 1 said 20 rear 5 front I think...  

On 12/1/2020 at 6:58 AM, Jay762 said:

+2 for hubcentric spacers, stop that wobble / vibration.

I ran 20mm on my hatch with standard wheels and used a tape measure to figure out what size to buy.

I purchased H&R spacers in the end

Oh yeah deffo have to be hub centric.  I just didn't want to wait to measure.  I was planning on getting some so day one I can get a few little jobs done to tidy the looks up a tad

A piece of sticky tape, a string, a tape measure and a nut or bolt.

Tie the nut or bolt to one end of the string, tape the other end to your wheel arch/over fender/whatever, then measure the distance from the centre of your wheel to the string line.

Id always go over rather than under, if it’s 17mm then get a 20 etc

• Thanks 1

Just had a look through my old records, my 2005 blob eye had 15 front and 20 rear on stock 17 inch wheels, made by a company called RMS I believe (although H&R are a better option but due to shipping time and cost I went for the cheaper option) Cost around £60 a set.

They did the job, ran them for over a year with no problems, sold the car with them still on.

• Thanks 1

On 12/5/2020 at 8:46 PM, PeteB said:

Just had a look through my old records, my 2005 blob eye had 15 front and 20 rear on stock 17 inch wheels, made by a company called RMS I believe (although H&R are a better option but due to shipping time and cost I went for the cheaper option) Cost around £60 a set.

They did the job, ran them for over a year with no problems, sold the car with them still on.

Sweet cheers bud.  I think I will have to do the string though, not sure of the arches are rolled or not yet.  I have other little bits that I want to alter so if I measure soon as then order them, by time I've done with the other little bits the spacers should be there good to go on 👍🏻