Forester reversing lights

Rick126450

Hi

I’ve got a 66 plate Forester XT. 

I noticed that the offside reversing light wasn’t working. I took out the holder (which is all wired up) with the “bulb” but it doesn’t look like any bulb I’ve ever seen and it doesn’t look like the near side bulb or bulb holder ( which does work). I’ve tried searching lots of sights for a bulb that looks anything like the thing in my holder with no success.

There also appear to be 2 upper lights in a clear part of the cluster which are all wired up but they don’t work either !

Can anyone suggest what might be going on here?

Thanks

Rick

Thanks for your reply Greenmamba, l’ll have a look in the morning as l’ve taken out the bulb unit. I’m sure it’s got the clear lens and not the red in front of it, but I’ll check it out.

Thanks again for your very quick reply .

Greenmamba you’re absolutely correct! It is the rear fog lamp.

The clear lens on the cluster and on the bulb fooled me - it’s a red LED.

It’s a pity that Subaru are mean enough to fit single reversing and single rear fog lamps ( my 06 XT at least has twin reversing lamps).

Many thanks for your help.

Rick

Most modern cars tend be this way . partly due to neater styling/symmetry but also partly cost as obviously slightly cheaper .
I must say if do a lot of reversing in the dark then 2 reverse lights is a god send vs one .
Like I say many time old is gold, lot of practical common sense and durability is lost the more new you go unfortunately .