opps

savage bulldogs

weathers nice round here so I thought id take the (recently mapped) scoob for a drive today B)

warmed her up droping the mrs and kids off in town and headed for the carriageway :D

haven't got any power figures but I quess ( im either running closer to 350 than I thought or) the uk 5 speed was weaker than most cos as soon as I hit 1.4 bar in 3rd gear I lost all power and gained a nasty noise :unsure:

limped the car home without 3rd gear :huh:  well im sure ive still got 3rd but its rattling round in the bottom of the box with the shockproof oil now :lol:

at least silver lining is now the hunt for a 6 speed begins ;)

• Like 2

My mate blew 2 boxes after his last power climb, he's at 418 on a bug, he's had it mapped now to be less aggressive, still the same power just not all at once, he's getting the 6 speed fitted in a few weeks and will get the aggression back when it's in

It was the next mod on the (never ending) list anyways ,but I haven't got the funds together for bigger brakes to fit the 6 speed 180 rear hubs/diff .

There's a way to retain my uk160 rear diff/hubs as I fitted a kit to my brvs v1sti (he hit 350 hp and ate two 5 speeds in 3 months) ,but im not 100% what type of prop was used in the kit .

However I have found a few kits with boxes , cradle, props, and gearsticks under £1500 and iv got the £'s for those so I hope to fit it in a couple of wknds time .

Fmic and induction for x mas it is then lol

• Like 2

It was the next mod on the (never ending) list anyways ,but I haven't got the funds together for bigger brakes to fit the 6 speed 180 rear hubs/diff .

There's a way to retain my uk160 rear diff/hubs as I fitted a kit to my brvs v1sti (he hit 350 hp and ate two 5 speeds in 3 months) ,but im not 100% what type of prop was used in the kit .

However I have found a few kits with boxes , cradle, props, and gearsticks under £1500 and iv got the £'s for those so I hope to fit it in a couple of wknds time .

Fmic and induction for x mas it is then lol

i'll put a 6 speed on the xmas list too, don't think i'll get it but you never know what you find!

well I've bought this icon_biggrin.gif

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUBARU-IMPREZA-2004-STI-TYPE-UK-6-SPEED-GEAR-BOX-3-54-RATIO-TY856WN4CA-/161113287294?nma=true&si=HZi0X%252FbHncHkk5s0VXZMX4eH%252Bsg%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

gave him a extra £100 (a total of £1395 delivered) and he chucked In the 6 speed driveshafts,flywheel,exedy pink box clutch kit, and starter motor as well as the listed bits of 6 speed box, cradle, ppp shifter,and prop

now just gotta find the time to fit it before the rolling road day at the end of october icon_rolleyes.gif

The only trader I use a lot is luke at import car parts for all my gaskets and oe/ group n rally parts drop him a email he might be interested in advertising . Although I don't know if the club would get a discount as he price matches most other companies prices anyways .

Will admit I was a bit surprised my 5 speed spat it's dummy out as I didn't think I was running enough power to break it , especially at 3/4 throttle in mid rev range.

Mabey I could sue simon @jgm for his monster mapping malarkey lol

I just wanna get the 6 speed fitted and on the rollers now as surely with a sti tmic , sports cat and tdo5 I shouldn't be near box braking bhp ?

Nice if we get club discount but not needed I guess if he price matches. I was thinking more for when people need parts it let's them see who they can ring around or speak to on here and have a bunch of them here in one place. I did sort a small list of breakers out but they don't advertise here I just posted there details. And best of all it will be free for them at the minute not sure if that is to change in the future but that has nothing to do with me, but they will get the choice :D 

And you should think that the six speed wouldn't spit it's insides out . And I agree I'm shocked the 5 Speed did at that RPM range I wouldn't have thought it was possible but just shows you :)

I fitted my brvs 6speed using 4 axle stands and brute force . I've only had 2hrs scooby time so far but did manage to remove the drive shafts , tmic , zorst and drain the box oil.

Should have the 5 speed out in another 2 hrs or so , will admit I'm not looking forward to lifting the 6speed in cos their !Removed! heavy (60 + kg) think I'll need my "gym monkey" brvs help lol

:blink: I have to admit I doubt I would try it lol, especially not being able to get fully under the car like you can one garage ramps/lifts

I will wish you the best of luck, and hope you have been taken some photo's I love to see dirty hands :D

The brute force gym monkey approach is only to help lift the 60 kg box;-)

I've got a couple of 3 ton trolley jacks, 6 axle stands and a engine hoist to lift the scooby :-)

Thanks for the input about the plug chaps .

I'm still not 100% what the plug is for but I've got nothing to plug it into on my classic anyways lol, so I'll just remove that bit of loom and put it in the shed with the rest of my scooby scraps for now .

I've been away since Saturday morning so haven't had chance to do much else but, I should be home for 3 pm tomorrow so should have the 4 speed box out and I'll take few pics along the way ;-)

Yeah I can lift the 6speed on my own as I've had to shift it into the shed today , but believe me it's not that easy to lift off the ground and into place (without knocking the clutch outta alignment) whilst laying on yer back under a car . I should invest in a transmission jack really but , once it's been fitted I shouldn't have to remove it again ......

well at least until I hit 400 ponies and have to upgrade the pink box clutch