Suspension Upgrade recommendations

Right so I have been looking into what options I have for coilovers and I have put them below with prices. Which brands would you guys recommend/which is the best value for money? All opinions/experiences are appreciated.

- BC Racing BR - £849

- Yellow Speed Racing DPS - £739

- HSD Monopro - £803

- Meisterr Zetacrd - £835

- Tein Flex Z - £828 

All of these options have dampening adjustment. Will there be huge differences between all of these models? Any of these brands I should stay away from? 

1 hour ago, Jay762 said:

I  cannot speak from personal experience however 4 of the drivers I know all went with the Tein option and are really happy with them

They do seem like a good option then. My guess is they are all probably very similar to each other at this sort of price point. I'm guessing you haven't heard peoples opinions on any of the others?

I've got the tein flex z over the xmas for about 700£. Had them installed about 3 weeks ago. I'm quite happy with them. In almost the softest setting they were soft but you can feel the linear springs. City ride sxcelent but at hiway speed car was a bit wavy.  Since then I went up to 8 cliks front (out of 25kicks damping) in the front and 13 clipks rear. Car still on the soft side but eager to go (forester jdm 2.0 t). Work in progress. 

Aut of the box set up by tein, dropped the car about 1". Was not expecting for that but looking better and finally today I've just almost took my rear bumper off over a insignificant curb :(

Quality wise they are beautiful but green.

If anybody knows, one question, when I put them on I realized that I have camber adjustable bolts only in the front. What if I put the camber adjustable bolts in the rear and adjust fronts from the camber plate. I'm only looking to about 1°? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dr. Acula said:

I've got the tein flex z over the xmas for about 700£. Had them installed about 3 weeks ago. I'm quite happy with them. In almost the softest setting they were soft but you can feel the linear springs. City ride sxcelent but at hiway speed car was a bit wavy.  Since then I went up to 8 cliks front (out of 25kicks damping) in the front and 13 clipks rear. Car still on the soft side but eager to go (forester jdm 2.0 t). Work in progress. 

Aut of the box set up by tein, dropped the car about 1". Was not expecting for that but looking better and finally today I've just almost took my rear bumper off over a insignificant curb :(

If anybody knows, one question, when I put them on I realized that I have camber adjustable bolts only in the front. What if I put the camber adjustable bolts in the rear and adjust fronts from the camber plate. I'm only looking to about 1°? 

From the sound of things they do seem like a good option. But as you say I'm also not a fan of the green. I guess that you can really see them when they are on the car though.

If they were the same green as the top mounts of the HSD's then they would be nice.

On 3/2/2022 at 11:21 PM, Dr. Acula said:

You could get some shock socks, neoprene and velcro wraps, for them - then they will not be green

On 3/4/2022 at 1:54 PM, Jay762 said:

You could get some shock socks, neoprene and velcro wraps, for them - then they will not be green

Not a big fan of green but can't justify shock socks just because they're green (had a hard time explaining the need of coilovers as the oem were "perfectly fine "

Anyhow here are the pictures and I'm warming up to Kermit green. 

email1646602415310.jpg

• Haha 1