Subaru track day - Spa

Jay762

Hi all, only just found out about this missed it this year but included the link and some footage.

http://www.subarutrackday.com/

This is something I would be interested in as I have always loved watching Spa races on the TV - if you also fancy it let me know and if enough interest is generated we could look at a S.O.C. presence get a pit garage etc.

Haha Dam right. Even if it's just to update my Facebook status that I'm there :D

And no I didn't win the lotto tonight. Its holding out on me, its wanting me to have more so I can have 6 Subaru's in the bigger garage I would have to build :D

But on the safe side that I'm a non millionaire next year, I will be looking into travel cost's from Hull as it is closer  for me to cross. Just in case anyone else is going :)

I will have a look see if I can get from Hull to either Brugge or Antwerpen cheaper and less miles 1st

Have to arrange places to meet up Brugge is on the way almost and Antwerpen  I would have to go south and meet up North of Brussels. Failing that be in a bar feeling sorry for myself that I'm lost lol  :D

Don't know at this point I was going to contact the organisers to get an indication, for the years it has run so far it has all been late March early April time

I have had a response from the organisers - they find out and confirm the date in Sept - Oct after the F1 I have asked to be added to a mailing list if they have one and have also said I will follow up closer to the time.

They also said it would be great if we organised something and would like to see us there.

Right so the latest from the team is they are going for Easter Bank holiday monday 2014 and will let us know if / when it is confirmed.

Doing the Google maps thing and speaking to a chap who attended a VW bash at the same place I would be going via the channel tunnel to Calais then cutting into Belgium

For miles would like to go from Hull. Not sure where it will dock until I have a look at the website. But like you said once we know a bit more where people be crossing from I know what to look for :D

• 2 weeks later...

I have been wanting to go to this for the last three years, yet every year something gets in my way.  This year it's head gaskets!

karmic timing - maybe next year will be the year ;)

For hull it's roterdam

http://www.ferryto.eu/ferry-from-hull-to-zeebrugge-in-belgium/?sems=G-c10-sitelink-HZ

I have been wanting to go to this for the last three years, yet every year something gets in my way.  This year it's head gaskets!

And that is my biggest fear something big going wrong with my car before we go :( 

I know that feeling.  In 2010 I was all set for a winter weekend at the Nurburgring and one of my turbos (twin-turbo remember) failed 3 days before we were due to leave.  I was forced to take my everyday drive which was a BMW 330ci at the time.  It was more than up to the job, but it didn't quite fit in with a Subaru meet!

Mind you, could be worse... A friend of mine did Spa a few years ago and had a massive fire on track which gutted his car.