New Girl! Hi all :)

dott_92

Hi all, im a bit new to all this forum stuff but it beats typing questions into google! I have a 55 hawkeye Rsport (only model I can get insured on!) I have just bought an aftermarket bonnet scoop, just wondered if anyone knew how to fit them or the best way forward? Thanks

wotcha and welcome - dont worry we dont bite on here, we also have some sport fans and the hawkeye is a particular fave.

The bonnet scoop tends to be bolted and clipped from below, do you have a scoop fitted at the moment or is it a solid bonnet?

welcome to the S.O.C , 

AM SURE SOMEONE NEAR TO YOU WILL BE ABLE TO......(SORRY)  to help you swap the bonnet scoop over its not a big job really. :)

well you were too busy shouting at the poor lass, honestly new to forums and the first thing that happens is someone shouts at her

:D :D :D

it all depends on how much you want to spend,   how much faf time you got ? 

will you want the scoop painting body colour or left (gel coat black) or what ever the colour is?

the bonnet will need cutting and joggling a tad so the scoop will fit flush with the bonnet itself ,  lots of questions i know ,  (might be better off getting a good bonnet off of a turbo thats the same colour as yours?

;)   see no shouty

Hi and welcome to S.O.C 

It's better to change the full bonnet really other wise you have to drill cut holes and so on  :wacko:

If you don't mine me asking where in Yorkshire do you live if you live near Sheffield Ash was holding a local meet tonight at his mates garage who repairs Subaru's. Might e able to help you :)

Impatient yep I fall in to that category too, so don't worry ;)

HI mate welcome to S.O.C 

Please feel free to have a look around the forums and join in very friendly bunch on here. And feel free to share any pictures I'm also an owner of a Bugeye so always nice to see another one :)

Hello. I'd say find yourself a turbo bonnet and fit that instead. If you get a fake scoop it will just act like a huge air brake bolted to the from of your car, and no matter how carefully you fit it, it will always look fake. At least with a genuine turbo bonnet the air will have somewhere to go and it will look like a turbo.

• Like 2

Oh I can see it now, was at work when I tried looking, systems are a bit outdated. Thats what I need doing to mine, think I will go for the full bonnet, bit more expensive but you cant beat on quality.