Hi Everyone,

Hoping some of you guys might help in our conundrum. We need to get a new car for a ULEZ area being introduced at work, and after visiting a lot of dealers think we have finally settled on a new Subaru, but now cannot decide between a Forester E-Boxer Premium, or a Outback Touring

We have test drove both but no the specs, was a Forester Sport and an Outback Field, and each have a list or pros and cons with no definitive winner (why couldnt there be one and make it easy...). I do about 100miles a week commute with 50% of that being on a motorway but mainly outside of rush hour. We also need boot space for 2 largish Labradors. 

Forester Pros - Smaller Engine & Hybrid (hopefully save a bit of fuel). Very light airy Cabin, taller boot for when the dogs like to sit up. More of a upright driving position.   Cons - 6 Speakers sounded a bit tinny. Even with seat in lowest position couldn't see clock, or anything on top line on the top screen (Not sure if clock at least can be displayed on another screen). Weird Whistling noise whilst driving. Not sure if seats are the same between the Sport and the Premium just leather wrapped.

Outback Pros - More comfortable ride/ Seats, Upgraded Sound System. Not sure if the 2.5 engine is a pro or a con. Cons - That infotainment screen - Plugged in Android Auto and it was on less than half of the screen, with the bottom half waisted real estate, any one know if this will be fixed. Smaller Sunroof.

Any help or experiences would be much appreciated in this.

Thanks!

If I could afford it, I would buy the new Solterra,.Fully electric and lots of equipment. My current two Foresters  are now ancient but have been very reliable. Note, that two Great Danes can fit into a Forester. You can always upgrade a sound system !

How about an XV, sort of cross between the two?

but that said personaly i think id go for the forrester, but its def a very personal decision and more based on driving the older versions lol

On 8/8/2022 at 2:42 PM, Tony Hals said:

If I could afford it, I would buy the new Solterra,.Fully electric and lots of equipment. My current two Foresters  are now ancient but have been very reliable. Note, that two Great Danes can fit into a Forester. You can always upgrade a sound system !

You might want wait for the recall on wheels falling off get resolved first 🙂
Anyone buying a new/newer car wants put in a lot of homework prior to buying and be prepared for some hassle/expense .