front o2 sensor

Can someone point me in the right direction as where to find this ? Had a poke around under car can't see it. Do i have to remove any heat sheilds ? Gonna start by inspecting it re setting ecu before i change it chepest options 1s

Cheers

Picture would be nice too.

Sort of ish !

I'm at work so only had chance to drop the undertray and shine a torch round on my 'dinner break' so what we're saying is that it goes into the front of the 1st cat ?

I know the cats are dead so i doubt i'll do any more damage to it.i'll see how it goes just been quoted 160 bits for a new one

possibly - its not too clear from the diagram but it would need to take a pick up from both sides of the engine outputs so at the manifold intersection or close by unfortunately for this model I am guessing, sorry

No worries thanks for the info it's a start, i'm guessing the no1 is the 'upstream' sensor.

Just seems strange that its only started playing up after the mot. I'll get it up on a ramp and have a look a bit more when i have the time

No worries thanks for the info it's a start, i'm guessing the no1 is the 'upstream' sensor.

Just seems strange that its only started playing up after the mot. I'll get it up on a ramp and have a look a bit more when i have the time

I would make that assumption as well but they are different part numbers on the website

Rigt just tried the classic ecu reset procedure.

Plugged leads in depressed acc and then let out half way released after a couple seconds.

Check engine light never stayed on and after about 30 seconds driving just gave a continious short on off blink.

I take it this is reset ?

Got home plugged in and ut just does the contious on off quick blink. Does ghis mean it's clear as the page i was reading states conflicting info

Trouble is he went of the vin number. Dont know weather it's due to being a gl model on some data bases.

Anyway after much deliberation are we saying this is number one o2 and the smallee one behind cat number 2 is no 2 ?

I have a cat in the down pipe and one in the mid section. Sounds right ?

Yes bud that's where the o2 sensor is on my 97 classic ;-) the early ones were in the headers but, were moved to the downpipe(after the turbo) due to some failing and sending debris into the turbo .id check the wires/plug before you buy another sensor as their prone to cracking the insulation .

Also might be worth disconnecting the Battery earth for 10 mins after clearing the ecu codes , as some codes can be still stored on the ecu (even though youve done a ecu reset)

Just saw your post on the egt sensor I haven't seen one on mine but , I was told that the wiring on my 6 speed was for a newage egt and that sat near the mid section of the exhaust .

Hope that helps ,Best of luck bud

• Like 2