Saggy Rear End

alfanige

Sadly its the car, not the misses this time!

1999 2.0S turbo, the rear end is sagging which I know is a common issue, but I want a cost effective fix. I believe from what I have read that its due to the shocks leaking, and they look to be the original ones.

I am looking to sell this car now (now everything is !Removed! working on it - don't ask lol!!!) so am not looking to upgrade, merely replace at an affordable price within the cars worth. Any suggestions please

• Like 1

It's bookmarked as when i was researching buying the car i came across saggy !Removed! syndrome. Nearly had a heart attack when i found the list price on a pair from subaru.

Got me eye on the lowering kit added ro the ever increasing wish list

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I read that post on the Pedders bits, but at £258 I am not that enthusiastic! There are some on eBay for £60 each which may be worth a punt even if just to make it look better. Either that or I am going to sadle Trigger up, don my Stetson and put two blocks of wood in the springs ;-)

• Like 1

Depends what goes through the auctions but probably a couple of Freelanders with the usual problems to sort and sell on - or at least something I know all about rather than a complete make/model I had no clue about again :-D

Some one on here was selling some self leveling foz shocks a while back. Can't remember if it was front or rear or a pair. Doesn't help matters really

To be fair Stanton, it doesn't help - but hey its the thought that counts :-D

Just got the shocks off and they are shot :-(

Well, one side done, the other side I had to dremel the nut off so I ran out of time. The shock on the 2nd side was the a KYB Excel G - the same as I am putting on and seems to be OK, but I am one of those guys who always does things in pairs on axles. I will finish it when the haze clears on my head tomorrow :-D Have a great eve everyon

• Like 1

Sorry for the delay

It was Parts Service Direct in Exeter, they have an eBay shop, but I went direct as I am near by. They are one of Exeter's big parts suppliers to trade and public, like Euro Car Parts etc

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/PS-Parts-Motor-Factors?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

The car is finished and up for sale - it looks good now IMHO!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231128693426?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Thanks chap. Yeah, '99 MX5 1.8i - another one of the fleet! Thats my partners "summer" car although I must admit to like driving it myself too - who can turn down a bit of RWD fun now and then eh! The RCZ is hers too - I don't admit to that one lol

I changed my mk1 for the foz no matter how much i tried to convince the misses i wasn't allowed to stick the baby in the boot. Was gutted but i love the foz as it's discreet and fast. Not half as much fun but a lot safer in the wet.

How does the rcz drive read good reviews of them but never come across anyone who has one

The RCZ is quite a surprise. Its my Partners every day car, 2.0 diesel and it goes and handles really well. It was the latter on the test drive that sold it to me. My Partner wanted an RCZ so I traded my Abarth 500 in against it which was a highly tuned pocket rocket with rock hard suspension, so I thought it would be like going from a hot shower into a luke warm bath, but it wasn't like that!

The only complaint comes from the misses........its too damn slow for her as she joins motorways, unlike the Abarth, which I only got beaten through mid range acceleration in once - by a Lexus ISF who did me on the A1M lol!

The RCZ is no slouch though, its fine for everyday use and returns over 48mpg if I drive it (42mpg if 'er indoors drives it!), so its a good car

Sounds like your Lass has some talent there :P

The talent includes mashing her right foot through the floor and telling everyone else to get out the way! She doth protest that I drive faster than she does, but it falls on deaf ears :-D!