Mid range sluggish 05 2.0R Sport Help please

djg8033

Hi I have a subaru 2.0r sport 2005, ive had it just over a month now and love it!.but recently it seems when I put my foot down, it hits about 3 and half thousand revs in 2nd and 3rd gear and goes sluggish? Like the revs go up but the speed holds back like a little jult and then it picks up speed all of a sudden??? Any clues out there????

Umm... possibly not the best place to post that in my thread. But anyway, is yours a twin turbo? It could be the notorious valley of death which is the point when the second turbo is spooling up to take over from the first.

Im sure if you search you will find the answer.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Change spark plugs, change the HT leads and maybe the distributor cap. Usually hesitation around the midrange can be attributed to electrics. Also make sure all your grounding points are in good contact with the body.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Ive had my subaru impreza 2.0r sport hawkeye 2005 now for just over a month, its a non turbo and just lately seems to struggle and stumble at 3 and half thousand revs?? When u put your foot down in all the gears.the revs are there but sluggish before and then boom 4,000 revs and picks up speed! Any ideas pls.????

Could be a few thing's but I'm with matt I'd look at when the plugs was last changed that might be due. I'd also get some carb cleaner and give the throttle body a spray while giving it some revs. amazing how that can soon clear the cars sinuses. 

• Like 1

didnt see any from Matt and yourself TBH but apologies if I have somehow deleted them, although there is nothing in that box??

feel free to repost with your sage like wisdom though chum :D

Well Skifledanabit said one of them about the spark plugs if they haven't been changed which a lot of people do neglect because of how hard it is. And the throttle body give that a clean out with some Carb spray to clear the sinuses :D