My Subaru Impreza

BenGreen

So after getting bored of my Fiesta ST (and my insurance dropped) I decided it was time for a upgrade. So bought my SUBARU IMPREZA WRX STI in the beginning of august 2013 from a Japanese import garage. The car had covered around 57,000 miles, had a full service history and heaps of reciepts.

The mods on the car when I bought it were:

-K&n induction kit.

-ninja back box.

-ecutek remap.

-bilstein damper kit.

-HKS dump valve.

So over the course of a few months I have started adding my own personal touches to the car.

-Kenwood touch screen head unit.

-Hertz front speakers.

-Hertz sub.

-Privacy glass all round.

-Front splitter wrapped in carbon fibre.

-Sprayed front headlights.

Ive mainly concentrated on the looks of the car as im happy with the current 331bhp she is producing.

I shall post pictures up so you can see the progress, still alot more to do untill im completely satisfied but it takes time lol.

post-1807-0-49541700-1390959560_thumb.jp

post-1807-0-42857600-1390959618_thumb.jp

post-1807-0-94999600-1390959678_thumb.jp

post-1807-0-89077800-1390959740_thumb.jp

post-1807-0-08483200-1390959791_thumb.jp

post-1807-0-21784900-1390959876_thumb.jp

post-1807-0-98414900-1390959918_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Right so today got a few more bits sorted. I had a few hours spare so popped down to Prestige Wraps and got my headlights covered in 'fly eyes' and my rear lights wrapped in tint film.

I also managed to order a new boost gauge as mine has been playing up, some 'Hella Horns' and 1m worth of carbon fibre film to attempt to DIY my radio console. It should all be arriving in the next few days so i will update you with my progress.

post-1807-0-93489700-1391049832_thumb.jp

post-1807-0-15964500-1391049880_thumb.jp

post-1807-0-38332100-1391049915_thumb.jp

post-1807-0-11667600-1391049995_thumb.jp

Just received all my parts I orderd in the post today. But as im working nights for a few days I wont be able to fit anything until tuesday, slightly annoying but hey ho.

May have a quick question if anyone could help me out.

I ordered some Hella horns, but all I received in the box was the horns and some sort of 4 pin little box. Am I missing the whole loom? Or do I just connect the horns up to the current wires I have already?

And in regards to some white rota grid drifts, I should hopefully be ordering them monday, just waiting for the guy at the shop to get back to me. So this should be a busy few days if everything goes to plan.

The 4 pin box will be the relay, the Hellas will draw more current so if there is no relay in the circuit already you use the relay to have a dedicated supply from the Battery but triggered using the existing loom from the switch in the car. That way it doesnt overload the existing wiring.

Gambit has installed them so he will be able to describe his own approach 

I didn't use the relay mate fitted them in both the Bugeye and the Blobeye without the relay and works fine. but did need to do a bit of wiring.

This is almost exactly how I did mine on both cars. Good old youtube :)

• Like 1

So today the weather was a bit all over the place so didnt fancy getting wet fitting the horns, so I took apart my console and wrapped it in carbon fibre vinl, it may not be everyones taste but it looks alot better than the boring old silver.

it wasnt the most difficult thing to do in the world, but it was time consuming, cleaning all the grease off the plastics and making sure you done end up with any bubbles but luckily I had a friend helping me so stretching and heating the vinyl up to make sure it fit in all the creases was made alot easier.

In all my excitment to fit a carbon fibre gator on i ripped my old one off, tried fitting the new one but it ended up being too long, so after much cutting pulling and test fitting i accidently ripped it up beyond repair so im going to source another one. Its a real shame because it would have made it look more complete.

post-1807-0-93580400-1391624547_thumb.jp

post-1807-0-55225100-1391624591_thumb.jp

post-1807-0-37237800-1391624649_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Weather was decent today which made a change, so I set to work fitting the 'hella horns'. After watching the YouTube video it was a straight forward task, removing the grilles, take out the old horns and attach the new ones. I did a slightly different way of wiring it.

I connected the normal plugs into the live of each horn, then daisy chained one horn to the other then earthed it onto the bolt. Really happy with the sound as its given it a much louder and piercing tone.The only problem I have come across is where to fit the Left hand side one, I cant put it where I want to because there is a pipe in the way, looks like the air con or something. So ive had to place it in the centre, not where I want to have it but im gonna have to leave them where they are at the moment whilst I think of a way around it.

post-1807-0-49584000-1391793581_thumb.jp

post-1807-0-54102100-1391793635_thumb.jp

post-1807-0-29161500-1391793689_thumb.jp

post-1807-0-54297800-1391793743_thumb.jp

I had that problem with the bug I managed to push it back enough to get a bolt on it then had the dam bonnet release in the way :( but my bit of pipe just looped around on itself so could move it back easy enough with a small amount of pressure. The blobeye had no problems so would have thought it would have been removed on your's otherwise I would have warned you :(   

And wiring same as me linked one round to the other and earthed it the same way :D 

Trust me its annoying me more and more I see it! Im a symetrical kind of person and when it wouldnt go on where I wanted it I nearly cried! I have a few ideas on how to get it in place but I doubt its gonna go where I want it.. hopefully you will get an update tomorrow with it moved lol.

Well no need to cry mate it's the way it goes most of the time with us all :( inc me believe me, my daily walk is fetch the tools I've thrown across the yard in a temper every time I do anything to the car's :D 

I'd have a look see if you can slack it off enough to push it back just don't be too mad with it if I get chance I will take a picture tomorrow of mine for ya. but can see from you picture it's not exactly the same