What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

My Opel race car's number plate was B666AOK and I had a little statue of DEATH from the Terry Pratchett Discworld books on the dashboard, Just because I knew it freaked people out [emoji48]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

hehe it fels like the devil has infiltrated my mind.....

...honestly, when I bought my Forester I told myself no more looking for 3 years......5 months I lasted, fekin useless I tell thee. My wife must despair.

I did show her last night though.....she was on her kindle looking at dogs that need re-homing......I piped up...

"I've found one her love....a red one that needs a new home...it just gets left in this concrete car park all day, every day....."

Of course she couldn't resist the bite......and actually said oooh, that's lovely (we've had red cars before and she loves how 'red' I get them looking with all my detailing stuff  ;)

• Like 1

Yep, if a woman doesn't say no to you buying a new car then it's as good as saying yes. (Hasten to add this also applies to new TVs, motorbikes, IPads etc). Though doesn't apply to a lot of things.

I suggested that I might look at an out back next car and my wife just went "No, not happening, don't even start" however "oooh that's lovely" is not a "No"

Do it! Lol

• Like 1

That's some good advice there Dog, always handy learning how women work. I've been caught off gaurd due to misread answers... I'm going to have to keep a little book that has a list of all the answers and what they translate into (Yes, Maybe, No) ;)

• Like 1

Oh it's easy 80% of women's statements mean No, (and that goes up to 95% if you marry them) as does silence and sometimes even yes means no, I usually find that any interested response will either mean yes or is at least on a route to yes with a little persuasion or bribery [emoji2]

I managed to turn "do you really need a new camera? It's very expensive" Into "oh, go on then" by the simple application of bribery, "you know that iPad you've always wanted? Well I bought you one" . . . "Can I have that camera?"

• Like 2

Ok guys, ok.....I'm loving this discussion as much as the torture of looking at the car, but at the risk of fanning the flames, I'll try to give some context.

My current Foz is a great car - full history incl belts x2, 134k on clock, runs sweetly, no advsiories on MOT or at last service @ 130k. Only had it for 5 months and love it - only thing it lacks is that little bit of oomph when you really want/need it. The car I'm lusting after is the 2.5XT, 0-60 book of just over 6 seconds  :blink:  can only imagine how ****-scary fast that must be lol. Car has full subaru history, is at just under 120k, will come with new MOT, has 4 new boots on and had belts done at 104k

Got 3 years left on loan taken out for car previous to this - this has been my motivation to wait 3 years to change....until now  :o

Got a brand new lease car through my work last year (Auris Hybrid), which has become my wife's daily drive (and I'm happy with this arrangement). 3 weeks ago she crashed in it and we found out it's written off this week. Wife given carte-blanche to ask me to order whatever she wanted (subject to emissions restrictions I have to meet) - she's decided on top of the range new Qashqai, so order has gone in.

So.......here's my thinking.....to be fair to my fair lady, she's pretty understanding when it comes to me and cars.....she appreciates it's one of my loves and has never truly trodden on my toes in that respect.

Having typed this out now, I'm thinking I probably have a few brownie points saved up at the minute.....the question is dare I test that theory to the max with this one.

It'll probably mean between 1.5-2k going onto a credit card to finance it, but I have the ability to swap that around so that it stays at 0% (you know what I mean!).

So there we have it....like I say, probably just winding myself up into a 'buy it' frenzy now, but there you go - you only live once she keeps saying!!!

Man maths done, other half has given approval, heart ruling head, simples :-D

What would you do with yours sell privately or see about chopping it in assuming it's a trade seller ?

• Like 1

Ok, I'm going to put my sensible head on. If you want it, and you've got the money or have access to the money and you've got to consider insurance and extra tax costs, then it sounds like the maths as Stants says is done.

And you do only live once and you don't want life with regrets. Only issue is you have a really good runner which is reliable, you never really know what you're getting into with a new car.

If you've already mentioned it and she's not fended you off she's probably waiting for you to broach the subject.

I'm not pushing you to buy, only think about what you want out of life, if an XT is an ambition and you have a chance then it's a no brainier. I always wanted a race car, it nearly broke me, every penny I had went on that car but I have no regrets, would I have regrets no if I sent of built it?

Weigh up the pros and cons and then if you still can't see any good reason not to buy it discuss it with her. Sounds like she getting ready for you to raise it anyway.

The universe has been around for 13billion years ish, and will be around for at least that again, you're only here for 80 or 90 if you're lucky out of all those. As my dad says, you're a long time dead, a short time alive.

• Like 1

Which one you looking at there seem to be a few nice lookong ones in red. There s one on an 05 near me

sshhhh mate....you've probably found the one

Man maths done, other half has given approval, heart ruling head, simples :-D

What would you do with yours sell privately or see about chopping it in assuming it's a trade seller ?

I'd have to chop it in mate as couldn't risk any delay with a private sale

you got still a loan for a previous car and now want to take out another loan to get an unknown XT? interest is at it's lowest point but will get up soon. so the ball is in your court... me thinks

Update.....Didn't get a feeling of encouragement when she came in tonight so been busy fighting with myself internally all night on this one....can't see me getting much sleep

You'll sleep much better when it's on your driveway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hehe I love this forum, me [emoji41]

Hehe I love this forum, me [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any opportunity to spend someome else's money !

Theres me fretting aboutbtelling the misses I'm spending a ton on aspeaker haha.

Have a night cap david and sleep on it I'm sure you'll have a clearer perspective on things in the morning. (Plus she may be moe receptive) :-D

Anyone else doing the b+q run this morning for a better than half price mower? Lol

Ps didn't sleep...awake since 3 [emoji32]

Lol remember this from justifying buying the outback lol. Then worried done right thing. Knew was ok when my wife drove it and asked if we could swap and me have her volvo lol.

Fingers crossed it works out. Guess the only thing is if you are putting a bit on a card will you have a buffer if something went wrong? Might be worth talking to the loan company though as they may let you redo your current loan to add a bit extra? Cheaper than card interest anyway :-)

Cheers

Alan

• Like 1