What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Alan's right, not usually good to put cars on credit cards. The loan company would probably extend your loan arrangement to cover the extra bit if you asked them. I know I've been jokingly going do it, do it. But I am aware it's not my money to play with.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have this problem with both my hobbies. (Car + PC Modding) I see something i like and want and i could just about afford. I tend to spend a few weeks looking at the desired item, eventually it passes and i move on lol. 

Is there nothing small you can buy for your hobby, that gives you the yay i've just bought something feeling?

• Like 1

I love gadgets. Me and a mate are into the same kind of stuff and if one of us gets the "I wants!" The other makes them wait a few weeks if they still want it after that time and the other thinks it's a cool then we usually get it.

Works quite well as so far we have saved each other thousands of £'s on stuff like big scale RC cars, those electric drifting buggies, electric bikes, RC motorbikes, + all the other extras to mod them.

Our main hobby of 1/28th scale indoor RC cars is a good example of when we do get into something it's not cheap :(

It's not a big deal to me at the mo as I only have to support the car and not a wife, cars can't say no :) although they can cost as much :D

He's lucky in that his wife doesn't mind what he does with his spare cash.

I like that idea Pete, cars can't say no lol. Although my brother won't let me do anything to the Subaru that would be rubbish. As he's the mechanic he has the say so :) .

I'm off to Barrow in Furness today to see my mate as he's working there, so going to see Xmen and then have a few drinks at the pub, Be interesting to see what cars I can beat on the way over the Duel carrage ways ;) . *Prepares score card*

Thanks guys...all good stuff. I'm someone who is very on the ball, money wise...have spreadsheets for everything haha. This time using a card would actually be the cheapest way to do it, due to 0% rates I have.

We do have a 'buffer' you refer to, but want to keep that stashed away for that very reason...especially when I have access to some free credit.

We discussed it late last night and it started to upset my wife as she could see that I really wanted it but couldn't see how we could do it. I explained to her and what it meant in real terms to us and she pretty much gave me her blessing.

Ball appears to be very much back in my court now for the do I, don't I question. Will try to make a decision during the course of today if I can, so I can sleep tonight lol [emoji106]

• Like 2

did give the Forester a quick wash in the rain, free water to rinse the car :lol:

there is so much sand these days that i can wash my car every day :o

There does seem to be a lot of sand mixed in with any rain we're getting recently [emoji32]

did give the Forester a quick wash in the rain, free water to rinse the car :lol:

there is so much sand these days that i can wash my car every day :o

I've done this on a few occasions myself ;) 

I'm sure people look at me like I'm some crazy loon  :blink: but does make the job easy :) 

Well today I finally fitted the dump valve did a oil change and new fuel filter and after all that found out the rear suspension is on its way out...so now the remap is out the window and its back on the net looking for parts that won't cost the earth...but on the plus side car is running like a dream.

Went to the metro centre this afternoon. On the way back along the A1231 had some knobbers behind me in a bright orange fiat punto trying to race me. lol, was like 5 of them in the car. Crappy horrible car, with overly bright HID's fitted that looked absolutely ridiculous.  I ignored them, as there are mobile speed cameras everywhere around there. I was only cruising around 60-65

I've no idea why this keeps happening, but since getting the the Subaru and after adding spoiler on, I seem to get knobbers in their naf hatches trying to egg me on.

• Like 1

Went to the metro centre this afternoon. On the way back along the A1231 had some knobbers behind me in a bright orange fiat punto trying to race me. lol, was like 5 of them in the car. Crappy horrible car, with overly bright HID's fitted that looked absolutely ridiculous.  I ignored them, as there are mobile speed cameras everywhere around there. I was only cruising around 60-65

I've no idea why this keeps happening, but since getting the the Subaru and after adding spoiler on, I seem to get knobbers in their naf hatches trying to egg me on.

I've been plagued with this for many years some days it pi$$ me off other days I rise above it and just let them. And other days I floor the f@cker and leave them in my dust. But I do have a look at my Petrol before this happens and only when the Missus isn't in the car ;) 

I had this with the Opel a lot, same reason, bright yellow, noisy big wing etc. Trick is to let them over take them hound them from behind flashing your lights pushing then faster and faster towards the a speed camera you know is there at the last second dive on the brakes, they go sailing through the speed camera you drive through nice and legal. Did this a few times in the past, really winds them up when they get the big double flash. Obviously not much use with mobile cameras. Flashing your lights is the important bit as it keeps their attention behind them so they don't see the camera

I know I'm a complete bast@rd[emoji5]️

• Like 1

it's a UK thing? as i never had this in Australia (they racing with BIG V8) and it's personal for me a big disadvantage of having a Subaru, even with my N/A Forester :o

i just let them go as i have no interest in big exhausts, turbo engines, big tires etc. i have my Subaru because their reliability , driveability, safety, 4x4 and i like the SG shape.

btw, the moment they take me over and don't see a scope on the hood they bugger off -_-

• Like 2

it's a UK thing? as i never had this in Australia (they racing with BIG V8) and it's personal for me a big disadvantage of having a Subaru, even with my N/A Forester :o

i just let them go as i have no interest in big exhausts, turbo engines, big tires etc. i have my Subaru because their reliability , driveability, safety, 4x4 and i like the SG shape.

btw, the moment they take me over and don't see a scope on the hood they bugger off -_-

This is why I now have an XV, reliability and off road capability. I got the tuner car thing out of my system a few years back but unlike most who have big exhausts etc I did actually race mine so I'm well out if the money pit tuner/race car world

Problem is 75% of other road users are complete idiots, once ther are in the confines of the metal box they are obviously the best driver and everyone else is inferior, slower and more stupid,

The amount of cars on the road thse days, poor standard of driving and people's attitude has changed everything, your either in a rush to get somewhere so drive like a tool (mainly reps) just passed your test and have got your freedom and need to show off the size of your dangly bits so feel he need to drive like a tool and race everything that looks rometly faster than your 1.1 saxo to impress your petrified misses in the passenger seat.

The misses soesn't like my driving as it's too aggressive (her words)I never race people don't cut anyone up or show my frustration by flashing or beeping. If you liked it's defensive, If you drive like you just passed your test everyone else will bully you off the road I'm afraid now days leave more than a safe distance in front snd someone will cut in.

Every one should be mDe to ride a moped for a year before getting into a car at least that way the'll understand how vulnerable you are when not inclosed gain something respect of your surroundings and actions. Realise you don't have to drive at 90 to get everywhere and if you do decide to drive like a too it will hurt when you fall off.

• Like 1

I have a lorry license and it gave me so much more appreciation for other road users, like the number of times i see a car cut between a lorry and a roundabout where the trailer is about to cut across them and then they have the audacity to give abuse to the truck driver. The hardest thing on the roads these day is for people to admit when they are in the wrong. Beep a woman for slowing to a stop then turning with no indication then she gives me the finger just pisses me off oh I'm sorry you're such a **** driver who doesn't know when you've done wrong

• Like 2

I always hang back for wagons at roundabouts. I used to drive a 12t combi but that was on a standard licence back when you could. I still get beeped by the people behind who think I should push up the inside though. I had a woman pull out in front if me from a side road so badly I had to stand the scoob on its nose, I blasted the horn at her and she indicated I was a self pleasure. We'll excuse me for driving like a sensible considerate person.

I was asked the other day what superpower I would like, I would like the superpower to cause anyone's engine to destroy itself, then when I get cut up and given the bird I can ruin their day, either that or cause all 4 tyres to burst at once or maybe both.

Had a wicked trip yesterday, all you can eat buffet and then cinema ;) . Couldn't believe the amount of Subarus in Barrow... didn't see any one the 60 mile trip there but as soon as I got in I saw...

Classic N/A

Classic STI

Bug eye wagon

Blob eye STI x2 (could have been same one)

Shark eye hatch

Forester

Surprisingly I didn't get anyone pestering me on way there or on way back. Nice drive both ways :) .

As for the bad driver thing, there does seem to be a lot of them around. I always give room to lorry drivers on corners and stuff, I tend to see them coming on a country road and stop before a corner so they can get round. Most of the time anyone follow understands but you do get one or two who go past then get stuck :P

Today I've phoned the dealer to book to view THAT car tomorrow....

.....only problem being they've taken a deposit this morning [emoji20]

Oh well....didn't have my name on it after all that

i had once a car taken me over while going right at a roundabout since i was driving an artic lorry he got stuck between the trailer and the roundabout :o  guess what he was not willing to move backwards and was shouting i was at fault!!!!

in Australia it's better as the trucks have these signs on the back;

8681980_lg.jpg

1ath.jpg

And you have much, much bigger lorries. I always follow the shipping mantra of "might is right" ie small ship always gives way to big ship, for obvious reasons. The same as I said about the seat vid I put up the other day 1.4t XV Vs 900kg Seat Ibiza was never going to be a contest.

I mean who would argue with this

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
{\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 HelveticaNeue;}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red34\green34\blue34;}
\deftab720
\pard\pardeftab720\qc\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs26 \cf2 \expnd\expndtw0\kerning0
\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 \
}